Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please send your.....

Default Please send your.....

Due to an accident late last night, ( while making an extra run for work I was unloading a stack of bread at a customers business. While rolling a stack of bread down the trailer ramp, a elderly gentelman failed to look while backing up and hit the trailer ramp, knocking me and the bread off the ramp and I fell about 4' to the concrete. Injuring shoulder,neck and back). So it looks like I'll be off work for the next week or 10 days. Luckily we have preped for emergencies as best we can. Financially we are okay, our food and other needs are good for a fairlly good bit of time. However being unable to work will be annoying and not having something to do can drive me nuts. So your prayers and positive thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Due to an accident late last night, ( while making an extra run for work I was unloading a stack of bread at a customers business. While rolling a stack of bread down the trailer ramp, a elderly gentelman failed to look while backing up and hit the trailer ramp, knocking me and the bread off the ramp and I fell about 4' to the concrete. Injuring shoulder,neck and back). So it looks like I'll be off work for the next week or 10 days. Luckily we have preped for emergencies as best we can. Financially we are okay, our food and other needs are good for a fairlly good bit of time. However being unable to work will be annoying and not having something to do can drive me nuts. So your prayers and positive thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
    Oh No, I am so sorry to hear this,, I know how boring it can get ,,,, I am sending good vibes I hope you have a speedy recovery, This forum can keep me busy for hours,, LOTS to read
    Last edited by Justin Case; 04-14-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Good thoughts on the way OS.
    Have a speedy recovery....so Mrs. OS doesn't really hurt you!

(...and Rick, will you please be more careful?!?!)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Major bummer OS!!!
    Hang in there and know that my prayers go out to you
    in spades. Time to catch up on Jerry Springer.
    Best wishes to you and the Mrs.

Sorry to hear OS, Prayers for healing and general well being on their way.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. With this much time on your hands, I wonder what the gadget master will come up with for new gadgets?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Get well soon wishes from me too.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Heal quick
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

get well soon........
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Get better soon, you never know when you might run into stuff like this, good thing you planned ahead, good job.
    Good wishes and prayers your way....................
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Ill be praying for a speedy recovery
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Like Crash said...

I hope your pain ain't too bad. But, I'm sure you can make good use of the time. I got sent home Monday because of the rain and went for a walk in a small local swamp. Probably didn't walk a mile. Just enjoyed the rain and the solitude.

I hope you get well soon. Thoughts are with you.

Bummer. Positive healing thoughts and other hippie bs coming at you. Make sure you talk to your employers about workers comp too.
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

Thanks to everyone for their positive words. I guess that the one good thing about my injury is outside of still getting paid ( workers comp) I'll have time to do some of the stuff I've been prokra......proca.....procrast.... er... putting off, like getting the rest of the info together for the classes on a BOB/72 hr. kit so we can get classes started. The owner of the store ( the bunker) has several business's and a couple of church groups interested in emergency preparedness training and we thought that the BOB would be a good place to start.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Blog Entries

Soldier, sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you're back up and running real soon.

And you know I can't stop myself from saying this .......... given the circumstances of your injury, you shouldn't lose a dime of income and are probably entitled to some hefty compensation for your injuries.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned

LOL,,, Ambulance chaser lol

But you are right !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    LOL,,, Ambulance chaser lol

But you are right !
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Sorry to hear it OS! I hope you heal up fast.

Feel better soon OS!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Well a great big ouch! Best wishes at you and I hope you heal quickly. The old fellah's insurance should cover everything that your company doesn't so you shouldn't have any out of pocket. Get well!!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.