Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: justifying using modern technology

Had a can of Billy Beer ---- tasted like peanuts.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Billy Beer: Flat. Tasteless. Weak. Not worth the $1.75 or so it cost for a six-pack of the stuff back then.

Hmmm. May still have an empty can around somewhere in my collection.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Actually, I spent a lot of time in the cloak room by myself. Awwww those were the good old days.
    Soooooo, what grade were you in when you finally came out of the closet and started socializing?
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    Soooooo, what grade were you in when you finally came out of the closet and started socializing?
    YES! YES, YES, YES! A Grand Slam!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post

Awwww,Alpine,you didn't really go there,LMAO!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Hey, I wasn't in there by choice. The teacher sat my desk in there and told me how special I was. What she didn't know was I was collecting all the lunch money and picking out what I liked from the lunch boxes.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Uh...that would have been my story too.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well I'll be danged! You, too? Small world.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Somehow I missed this posting, hmmm.
    For me I go pretty primitive when trekking with my group, we do 1750s to 1770s nothing modern after that. I do however go with others and we use modern equipment. Its a personal choice and there really is no line.
    I go primitive with the COHT or the Coalition of Historical Trekkers: as living historians dedicated to the preservation and study of the pre-1860 frontier people in America. We see ourselves as experimental archaeologists, involved in one or more eras of the historical time frame from 1600 to the year 1860. As is the purpose of an archaeologist, to establish facts about a historical people or time period, we research the lifeways of the pre-1860 frontier people who lived in, fought for, and founded this country. Our research is accompanied by experimentation in historical situations, using the foods, tools, clothing, weapons, and methods authentic to those used by the early frontier people here in America. Believing that the best way to preserve history is to share it, we communicate this research and the results of our experimentation with others through educational events and publications dedicated to pre-1860 America. We pledge to keep alive the awareness of those brave people who lived and died while carving out a place in the wilderness. We recognize that it was these brave men and women who made it possible for us, and generations to come, to live here in the land of the free-America. We have done this for the boy scouts up to college classes, and even ROTC classes, my group does the 1750s to 1770s era only and we do no battle reenactments, usually going out in groups of five, ten, or even as many as thirty one time and spiltting up into smaller groups. Its a really good time.
    Last edited by Beo; 06-10-2008 at 12:40 PM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Montana View Post
    Don't forget- Stag Beer, Blatz and of course Billy Beer
    Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman (ordering beer for Chris O'Donnell) "Schlitz. No Schlitz, Blatz. No Blatz...improvise"
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman (ordering beer for Chris O'Donnell) "Schlitz. No Schlitz, Blatz. No Blatz...improvise"
    Thank God Texas has Shiner Bock, I have a six pack of billy beer you thank it' safe to drank

any of you local cajuns remember jax beer.

worst hang over i ever had was from drinking 40 oz malt beer i had 2.
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. Steven Wright (1955 - )

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams

and i like modern for getting things done but i also enjoy primitive ways makes you appreciate the modern and its just enjoyable to me.

@beo...there is a living history group close by here i'm thinking of joining.
    they do a lot with schools and scouts. they cover time periods from colonial America through WWII and Native Americans.
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. Steven Wright (1955 - )

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams