Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop Watches......I want one, what do you know, that I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Thanks Crash, Do you-all think $50.00 to $75.00 is a good price range to shop in. Or should I buy more GOOOOODER watch. Remember it only needs to last about 7 years. And I have it on good authority that I can not take it with me. It is interesting when one starts shopping based on how many years of useful life he has.......(Yes, no one wants to think about that)
    You should be able to get a good one in that price range. If it's going to see some rugged use, you may want to also get a protective cover - kind of a rubber molded case to protect it from shock - they probably run about 5 bucks. I also noticed while I was looking that some of the analog stopwatches listed a temperature range.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks Crash, Do you-all think $50.00 to $75.00 is a good price range to shop in. Or should I buy more GOOOOODER watch. Remember it only needs to last about 7 years. And I have it on good authority that I can not take it with me. It is interesting when one starts shopping based on how many years of useful life he has.......(Yes, no one wants to think about that)
    LOL, Had a 92 yr old woman customer, needed a new furnace, told me that her age she didn't even buy green bananas, just fix it so it would work, and let the kids worry about it.

A lot of high end watches have a stop watch function, as well as my cell phone, and I think even my walkie talkie's have one as well.

I prefer the analog stop watches, we used them at the race track, and road rallies for a long time, but a good one was expensive, the digitals are much cheaper.

Maybe try here?
    http://www.stopwatchcentral.com/
    Last edited by hunter63; 04-14-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: added link
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    Sourdough,

Pick one - PM mailing address.

Thank you, SIR........which ever one is the simplest to operate, and the easiest to read. I only need to time one fat old man over a course. I do not need splits, or past results. I only need to know if I am doing a 14.4 minute per mile pace, or 12.775 minute mile pace (yea, like those days are over). It does need to go up to 60 minutes. Because I like to do a 3 or 4 mile walk and calculate the average. Again thanks, sjj

Do you'all know that there is a legal definition of WALKING......? As opposed to the point where you have exceeded the physical requirement to be speed walking and are then shuffling, jogging, trotting, etc. Does anyone know the definition of walking.......?

Thank you, SIR........which ever one is the simplest to operate, and the easiest to read. I only need to time one fat old man over a course. I do not need splits, or past results. I only need to know if I am doing a 14.4 minute per mile pace, or 12.775 minute mile pace (yea, like those days are over). It does need to go up to 60 minutes. Because I like to do a 3 or 4 mile walk and calculate the average. Again thanks, sjj

Do you'all know that there is a legal definition of WALKING......? As opposed to the point where you have exceeded the physical requirement to be speed walking and are then shuffling, jogging, trotting, etc. Does anyone know the definition of walking.......?
    Now I'm curious. You ain't planning on walking over to Russia on the ice pack are you?
    Ken has helped me out so much with legal stuff, I need to keep track of it so I can pay him back. I will be placing a 'score card' in my sig as a reminder.

DEBT:

Repaid:

I'm pretty sure that walking is defined as having at least one foot in contact with the ground, and when running both feet may be off the ground.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I use a stop watch all the time. Usually, because of a limitation.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that walking is defined as having at least one foot in contact with the ground, and when running both feet may be off the ground.

Correct: Some part of one foot must be touching the ground, it can be a wee-wittle piece, if not you are disqualified.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Ten-thousand thank-you's, sjj. See you in June.