Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY: Homemade lye soap

Blog Entries

I think maybe PTW meant fine Oatmeal? It's very good in soap, acts as an exfolliant and a skin softener.
    I often put a handful of Oatmeal in a piece of muslin and hang it over the hot tap while it's running so the water runs through the little bag. The resulting "milk" is very good for dry skin.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by preachtheWORD View Post
    Great job, as always! I look forward to hearing about your experience with using the soap. The old timers around here claim that lye soap is harsh on the skin. I'd like to hear what you have to say once you've used it.
    This could be one of the best posts on making soap I've seen...
    Actually, it's not necessarily homemade soap that's harsh - it's usually homemade LYE that's the problem. However, I intend to try using homemade lye for myself.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It won't be much longer before I have to make some more. This time I want to try using a lye-seep and see how the soft soap turns out. Stay tuned for more adventures in "getting clean".
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

Hello, I have a very large house and my own production, so I recently bought myself some Spam. SPAM is very effective and able to cope with the removal of impurities of any complexity now it has become much easier for me to eat in the kitchen on sofas, furniture, etc. with SPAM..

Even Brussels enjoys the deliciousness of Spam.
    Last edited by Rick; 02-12-2022 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Removed Link