Thread: Australian bush food

Default Australian bush food

Hey all I have been searching for a guide into Australian bush food and can't seem to find anything so any link's or information could help.

Blog Entries
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

obviously not hard enough

coul ya dig up somthin on west australia?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    coul ya dig up somthin on west australia?
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Now, would you like me to find it, gather it, and prepare it for ya'? Maybe I should eat it for ya', too? Read this story, Skully.

The Little Red HenGuests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Once upon a time, there was a little red hen Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..

One day the little red hen Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..

The little red hen Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.?"
    "Not I," barked the lazy dog Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..
    "Not I," purred the sleepy cat Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..
    "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..
    "Then I will," said the little red hen Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum. all by herself.

When the seeds Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.?"

"Not I," barked the lazy dog Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..
    "Not I," purred the sleepy cat Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..
    "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..
    "Then I will," said the little red hen Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum. all by herself.

When all the wheat Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.?"

"Then I will," said the little red hen Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..

The tired little red hen Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.?"

When the bread Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.?"

"I will," barked the lazy dog Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..
    "I will," purred the sleepy cat Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..
    "I will," quacked the noisy yellow duck Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum..
    "No!" said the little red hen Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum. all by herself.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

Now, would you like me to find it, gather it, and prepare it for ya'? Maybe I should eat it for ya', too? Read this story, Skully.
    A+ for effort Ken!!!!
    Nice answer.

Hmmmmmm never seen a red hen before

Blog Entries

Well ya' have now! You keep asking all these questions and learning all this stuff, and you're gonna' be

W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Here ya go............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

Nell, them things were first bred a mile from my home. Maybe skully could drop by and see for himself.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

C'mon guys, there are no good bush food books out there for areas outside the top end or desert. Most of the bush food stuff you read in books and on the web is almost useless if you live in other areas of Aus.
    I live on the stuff and although I have read all the books most of my knowledge has come from a lifetime of experimenting and testing for myself. Most of the plants I live on are not found in the books, even the Aborigines have lost the lore here.

Sorry Skully, I can't help with WA native food plants but if you are ever over Vic way, I can help.

Cheers,
    Rowan

Hey there Rowan. When you get a chance, forage on over to the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...splay.php?f=14 Thanks mate.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I must sadly admit I've never tested or experimented with food edibles. The inconvenience of death keeps experimentation at bay for me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

your missing out rick, its kind of like what the gardener feels (i think) when he grows his own food, doing research on edibles then following the plants life for a while then harvesting and eating gives a great satisfaction
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

I with you on that. It's the experimenting part...you know...Oooh. I wonder what this unknown plant tastes like....that I shy away from. Once I know what it is then it's no longer experimenting....just sayin'
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.