Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Posts Not Showing

Default New Posts Not Showing

I miss a lot of threads because new posts don't always show and so I have to go by date. I have blown my cookies out several time for the site.

Any, ideas? Any one else have the problem?

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hasn't been a problem for me. perhaps using the "Todays Posts" option will work?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

When you log on check the remember me box next to your login. That will set a cookie on your machine. If you are purging cookies then you are purging the forum cookie as well and that might be your problem.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    When you log on check the remember me box next to your login. That will set a cookie on your machine. If you are purging cookies then you are purging the forum cookie as well and that might be your problem.
    I always check remember me. I purged the cookies because that is the most often cited reason for the problem I am having here at this site.

I don't purge my cookies and I have the same problem. Usuallly after a few minutes of being logged in The system "refreshes" or something, and where there were 50+ threads that I haven't read then there are only 3-8 threads that are "new". I haven't been logging in unless I have something that I REALLY need to say, like now. Otherwise I just "Lurk". Because of this I rarely log in anymore. I mentioned something about this very thing a while back.

Yes, I could use the "Today's posts" function,under the "Quick links" tab, but it shows all of them as "Read". This is the only Forum that this happens on, of several that are "Powered by V-Bulletin".

I am reading here daily, But unless there is something that I am just absolutely dieing to say, I just don't Log in. If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have logged in at all. I know that as soon as this posts I have lost 30+ threads minimum that I haven't even looked at..... Oh well back to "Lurking"....

Edit: I just lost over 50 threads..............

What if you open up two windows of the forum? One for posting, one for reading?
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius95 View Post
    What if you open up two windows of the forum? One for posting, one for reading?
    Tried that. After I read the first thread the second one "Logs in" and the same thing happens.

Banned

Cookies allow the program to know what is "New" since your last visit,, you need to have them enabled in your browser, when you log out the program "Clears" them until you log on again

look at this

The use of cookies on this forum is optional, but may enhance your experience of the site. Cookies are used to enable functions such as showing whether or not a thread or forum you are viewing has new posts since your last visit, or to automatically log you back in when you return to the site after being away for a while. When you register, you will be given the option to 'Automatically login when you return to the site'. This will store your username and password in a cookie, stored on your computer. If you are using a shared computer, such as in a library, school or internet cafe, or if you have reason to not trust any other users that might use this computer, we do not recommend that you enable this. This forum also gives you the option to use a cookie to track your current session, ensuring that you remain logged-on while browsing the site. If you choose not to store this information in a cookie, the session data will be sent through each link you click. Choosing not to use a cookie may cause problems if your computer's connection to the Internet uses a proxy-server and you share links with other users behind the same proxy. If in doubt, we recommend that you select 'yes' to enable the cookie. After you have registered, you may alter your cookie options at any time by changing the settings on this page.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...l&titlesonly=0
    Last edited by Justin Case; 04-05-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: add text

Cookies are enabled on my computer. This is the only "Powered by V-Bulletin" Forum I am on that this happens on. I have cleared the cookies from my computer ONCE in 3 months. That is NOT the problem with my case. It also happened on another computer altogether. Cookies is not the problem.

Edit: Now this is the ONLY new thread that shows on my PC. I just logged in and responded to JUST this post. Did nothing else. yet all the new posts are "Gone" when I click "New posts". Going back to LURKING where I can at least keep up with the posts.
    Last edited by pocomoonskyeyes; 04-05-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Banned

Hmmm,, I haven't had any problem like that, sorry I couldn't help, good luck

I have the same problem as Paco...basically, it always seems like once I check into the new posts page it marks them all as read, then when I refresh, there are only the newest posts that have been made since I last refreshed, and all the other "new" posts that I havent yet read have disappered

It's definitley an issue of this site and not the users. I have the same problem. Something must be misconfigured or malfunctioning on the site's end.

Many users are having the same problem and all seem to have cookies enabled. That should let ya know it's on the site end and not the users.

Usually if I sit in one thread for more than a minute or so, it marks all posts read. Now, a week ago it was working fine for a few days and now it's back to the same ole same ole.

This is the only forum it happens on.

I havent noticed any problems with the new posts.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Could it be the Browser I/we are using?? I am using Firefox.

Maybe, I have IE 8 , its all Ive ever used
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

BTW If I sound angry, I apologize. I am NOT angry, only Frustrated... REALLY Frustrated!!

Quote Originally Posted by pocomoonskyeyes View Post
    BTW If I sound angry, I apologize. I am NOT angry, only Frustrated... REALLY Frustrated!!
    No need to apologize, I dont think you sounded angry. I have been having loads of trouble with myspace over the last 2 or 3 days so I can relate to the frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This is something I ALWAYS do!! Just in case someone thinks this is the cause. I also checked my cookies for this site and I have SEVERAL with different "names".(11 Cookies for this site) I am thinking about purging all my cookies and starting all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by pocomoonskyeyes View Post
    This is something I ALWAYS do!! Just in case someone thinks this is the cause. I also checked my cookies for this site and I have SEVERAL with different "names".(11 Cookies for this site) I am thinking about purging all my cookies and starting all over again.
    Check if maybe your browser is automatically purging the cookies, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Check if maybe your browser is automatically purging the cookies, just a thought.
    No they were all still there after I logged out even. I went ahead and purged my cookies for just this site. We will see if that has any effect.