Thread: WinterCress

funny how micro climates work, i was at the inlaws yesterday and growing all over their yard is winter cress and mouseear chickweed, of course they don't have burdock or chicory and other goodies, but i have searched hi and low for some winter cress and chickweed, of course i picked some specimans out of the yard and took home to transplant, hope it takes, the inlaws are used to be by now with my facination with weeds
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

The wintercress grows like mad around here. And some areas it's much further along than others.

I thoguht about gathering the green flowerbuds and seeing how they tasted. They look like mini broccolis.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My son told me yesterday that he likes the flowerbuds better than the seedpods. Of course we are eating on wild radish and mustards but it's pretty much the same diff. He said (and I agree) that they are a little sweeter and less bitter than the seedpods and leaves.
    give those a try and let us know how you like them. My son enjoys them better.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

It's funny reading around about the different greens and the flavors of them in different stages. Some say the buds are less bitter and others say more bitter. I guess there's only one way to know for sure.