Thread: Spice question

Default Spice question

I'm trying a new chili recipe, and I've run into a problem. It calls for 1 tablespoon of dried oregano. All I have here is ground oregano.

I'm guessing that half a tablespoon of ground = one tablespoon of dried.
    Does that sound about right to you chefs???
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Should be close enough for chili.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Always remember 2D try less first you can always add more later but ya cant take it out if its too much
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Thanks, crash......that's what I thought. I threw a heavy teaspoon (of ground oregano) in it, and figured if it needs more, I can add it later.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Always remember 2D try less first you can always add more later but ya cant take it out if its too much
    LOL....I type slow, but we were thinking it at the same time! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    LOL....I type slow, but we were thinking it at the same time! LOL
    Now is that a good thing or a bad thing lol
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Now is that a good thing or a bad thing lol
    For you, or me???
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Update;
    Chili has been simmering for about an hour and a half. It's a little sweet, for my taste. I'm thinking about adding a splash of apple cider vinegar.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

You got any Jalapenos , try adding a little juice it cuts the sweet taste and adds a little zip too it with out being too hot.

For you, or me???
    Good question...

You got any Jalapenos , try adding a little juice it cuts the sweet taste and adds a little zip too it with out being too hot.
    I should probably leave it alone. My other half will love it, the way it is.

She thinks that "mild" taco sauce at taco bell, is too spicy to eat.

If it wasn't for her, I'd be adding some horse radish, just to see how it taste in chili, instead of using peppers/chilis for the heat. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

I should probably leave it alone. My other half will love it, the way it is.

She thinks that "mild" taco sauce at taco bell, is too spicy to eat.

If it wasn't for her, I'd be adding some horse radish, just to see how it taste in chili, instead of using peppers/chilis for the heat. LOL
    Oh man my chili would kill her , I only know how to make hot, realy hot or holy crap thats hot chili.

I'm not making yankee chili.
    Did Ya add bean's ? if ya did you are.

Did Ya add bean's ? if ya did you are.
    Ut Ohhhh....LOL.

The recipe called for 4 cans of kidney beans. I couldn't bring myself to do it, but I did put one can of'em in there.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Ut Ohhhh....LOL.

The recipe called for 4 cans of kidney beans. I couldn't bring myself to do it, but I did put one can of'em in there.
    See I try and defend ya to Ken but then ya go and do something like this.

Yeah.....But un-like Ken, I was man enough to admit to my mistake. LOL
    And by doing so have opened yourself up to all sorts of problems to come LOL

Oh man my chili would kill her , I only know how to make hot, realy hot or holy crap thats hot chili.
    Sounds like you're my kind of cook. I LOVE hot and spicy food. And don't try to cut it with beans. They belong elsewhere!
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

I just had a bowl of my chili. It may not be the best chili I've ever had, but it was well worth the effort. In fact, it's pretty dang good!
    (Despite the occasional kidney bean.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

I just had a bowl of my chili. It may not be the best chili I've ever had, but it was well worth the effort. In fact, it's pretty dang good!
    (Despite the occasional kidney bean.)
    Ive never had a bad bowl of chili just some that I didnt get seconds of LOL