Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big fat lies!

Default Big fat lies!

Reading the response to Native Dude's bull I thought it would be interesting to start a thread to find out how many will know the truth from lies and how many will actually test it to find the truth for themselves. Post your lies that you think somebody might believe and also truth you think no one will believe. For example:

Back in the day of Hippies there was a lot of different people trying to find themselves in different lifestyles. I was caught in this whirlwind and thought I would try to live as an Indian. I hunted with a bow, had a canoe and made my own tipi I lived in. I tried to be as authentic as I could and one of the hardest parts was making the liner for my tipi. Traditional tipi's had liners made from animal furs. This was a bigger task than you can imagine since my tipi had a diameter of 18 feet. I was shooting everything in sight including cats and dogs to sew into my liner. Like I have mentioned before I never let not knowing how to do something stop me from doing it and tanning hides was new to me at that point in my life. There are proper ways to do things then there is how I did it. I cleaned hides as best as I could and nailed them on the back of my cabin to dry. Then I would take them to the laundrymat, put them in the commercial washers with mild heat using detergent to clean them and then put them in the dry on mild heat. They turned out great.

Is that true or false? Post your own stories that people may or may not believe.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 07-06-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Restored post

Blog Entries

I once ate 1 tenderloin steak, 2 plates of clams and shrimp, 1 plate of assorted salads, 1 roll, 22 lobsters, and two plates of assorted desserts, in one and a half hours.

I washed it all down with a single beer.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

parts of it may be true , but I couldnt say based off of juts one post and not knowing what your like, if its all true.

I was always facinated by the old west , and when I turned 16 I went to work for a horse/cattle operation. and even tho there was a bunk house available with running water showers and nice soft beds I ruffed it and lived/slept by the stock pond the whole year and a half I worked there , the part i didnt beleive was you havesting dogs and cats for pelts.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I once ate 1 tenderloin steak, 2 plates of clams and shrimp, 1 plate of assorted salads, 1 roll, 22 lobsters, and two plates of assorted desserts, in one and a half hours.

Sorry, I'm not buying it.
    You had more than one beer.

I once logged on the forum without posting.

Ken, I believe the food but I'll never believe the lie about the beer.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    A single beer? No way!
    Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Sorry, I'm not buying it.
    You had more than one beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Ken, I believe the food but I'll never believe the lie about the beer.
    You're all correct, but for the wrong reason. The part about the food is the absolute truth, and I'm sure I've forgotten a few things I ate that time.

http://www.nordiclodge.com/

As for the beer........... No way. Beer fills you up way too quick. No beer - I had a large coke.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Actually, you've done that more than once. I caught you. Still, with 24,109 posts, it doesn't happen all that often.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

A large coke? That's two lies. You're good at this part.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ok I am not sure if everyone knows this but, I know everyone. and let me prove this to you. I had a friend that just loved dolly parton and he was talkking about her one day and I chimed in and said, yep she is a real sweety I love her to pieces, he said you talk about her like ya know her I said yep sure do, he didnt beleive me so we hopped a plane and off to Tn we went, got to her house walked up and knocked on the door, she answered and hugged the stuffin out of me and told bob how good of a friends we were.

Bob said ok you got lucky , I laughed and said ok name someone and well go see them too, so he said what about ol willie nelson, so were off again we land in texas and drive to willies ranch, and bang same thing he greets me and tells bob how good of a friends we are.
    Ol bob still a non beleiver that i know everyone, said I guess your gonna tell me you know the pope too, I just smiled and said lets take another trip.
    Well severeal hours later were in vatacin square and I told bob just stand right here and watch Ill walk out on thye balacony with the pope, well as I walked out on the balcany and waved to bob I saw him pass out cold and hit the ground, I ran down to see what happend , and when I woke him up he said , David I cant beleive it you do know the pope , and I asked him if thats why he fainted he said no, this is why I fainted , as you walked out on the balcany waving I had a guy ask me who that was in the funny hat I said thats my buddy David , the guy just looked at me and said I know who David is I was asking about that other fella.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

You're all correct, but for the wrong reason. The part about the food is the absolute truth, and I'm sure I've forgotten a few things I ate that time.

http://www.nordiclodge.com/

As for the beer........... No way. Beer fills you up way too quick. No beer - I had a large coke.
    That right there's a fib.
    YOU had coke with a tenderloin steak?!

I was too busy typing and didnt see your post Ken, I would of said you exgaerated a little on the lobster ?

Blog Entries

A large coke? That's two lies. You're good at this part.
    That right there's a fib.
    YOU had coke with a tenderloin steak?!

Honest. Only drank coke. Remember, there's a time for drinking, and there's a time for EATING!
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I was too busy typing and didnt see your post Ken, I would of said you exgaerated a little on the lobster ?
    Nope. No exageration, and 22 is NOT my record for one sitting, either. My record is exactly 25 lobsters. Boiled, with drawn butter, and NOTHING else to eat or drink besides a coke.

Now, if anyone wants to make a friendly wager on this, how about loser picks up the tab? Bring cash. Lots of cash.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Honest. Only drank coke. Remember, there's a time for drinking, and there's a time for EATING!
    Didn't think they were mutually exclusive.

Welderguy - Hang on. Let me think aminute. I'm not very good at names but I never forget a face.

Nope. No exageration, and 22 is NOT my record for one sitting, either. My record is exactly 25 lobsters. Boiled, with drawn butter, and NOTHING else to eat or drink besides a coke.

Now, if anyone wants to make a friendly wager on this, how about loser picks up the tab? Bring cash. Lots of cash.
    Weren't you on the wagon or is that just cash talking?

No, that was Ken. Crash hasn't logged on yet.

No, that was Ken. Crash hasn't logged on yet.
    LOL!!!!!!

Blog Entries

How about this one?

Ex-girlfriend of many years dumps me for a multi-multi-multi millionaire.

Fast forward to 24 days later. 11:30 p.m. on a Saturday night in early '04. I'm sprawled out on my couch next to a girl who could have passed as Pamela Anderson. She's got a towel wrapped around her - nothing else. I hear a key in the door, and in walks my ex...........
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Didn't think they were mutually exclusive.
    Sometimes they are. Especially at an "all-you-can-eat" buffet like the one I was at.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark