one picks for enjoyment of adding something to a meal,
    and the second is the person who lives mostly on ( wild ) edibles

Lydia

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-guerilla View Post
    when we had that mini heatwave back in July, my computer went kaput
    more time in the bush for me
    the only bad thing was not having the internet for plant id checking
    figured i'd wait until winter came before i got up and running again
    CG - this is NOT a criticism on your decision at all.

Often times we rely so heavily on the computer that when they are not availible we sometimes find ourselves unprepared.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am becoming more and more computer/ technology dependant every day. A double edged sword is she, LOL!

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

... Better use it while you can. This is preparing. All our learning is preparing. Who knows how much longer we will have access to such a wealth of information. I am dependent on the internet much more than anything else in my life.. yep, even money.
    I turned off the satellite TV, then the tv set went out. I don't watch tv anyway (at least not enough to say I watch much) Been down to 1 pc for over a year now, mine died a while back and I haven't had the extra cash to get it going. Busted another cell phone (darn gravity! GRRR) and went a week without a cell. Didn't miss a thing, but I DO need it for work.
    I'm slowly but surely cutting out all those things that take up extra time, money, resources, and living more simply. One day I will have enough knowledge to 'cut the cord' and disappear. Till then, I view the interweb as a resource and put it high on my list of priorities.
    If this one tears up, I'd go in debt to get a new one. Learning right now, is the most important thing I can do to prepare... Like right now, between reading threads, I'm trying to ID some apiaceae plants I saw in the woods over the weekend.

Don't sell yourself short RWC. It's not "dependence", it's exploiting a resource for personal benefit. Same thing we humans do with every other resource we have.

hunter-gatherer Canadian-guerilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_comforting_company View Post
    ... Better use it while you can. This is preparing. All our learning is preparing. Who knows how much longer we will have access to such a wealth of information.

Don't sell yourself short RWC. It's not "dependence", it's exploiting a resource for personal benefit. Same thing we humans do with every other resource we have
    +100

i have 4000+ pics of wild edibles ( 2 copies on thumb drives plus CD's )

but i'm always looking for another nice picture / another angle / close-up details
    of any plant i can consume or use in other ways
    Knowledge without experience is just information

there are two types of wild food enthusiasts,
    one picks for enjoyment of adding something to a meal,
    and the second is the person who lives mostly on ( wild ) edibles

Lydia

If ever a young person needed to get away from their home environment, to re-charge their batteries, to live a healthy life communing with nature and to be guided by caring, month or two at a wilderness camp would seem the ideal solution.

if your computer is overheating with the case off and a desk fan on it, you seriously need to have the thermal compound on your CPU changed.

the faster our CPUs are getting, the hotter they are running, and thermal paste has a service life.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.