Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what i learned today

Rick,

You can buy online "NATO Survival Matches - 25 Matches that are Wind/Waterproof and come in a small Waterproof case. As I have posted in my Survival Kit, I always carry them. These matches are tiny flares! If you light them, then drop them in water, they will still burn like a flair for 12 seconds. A strong wind can't even blow them out! Yes they're wooden...

http://www.bestglide.com/Lifeboat_Matches_Info.html
    Last edited by Gray Wolf; 12-12-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Add link
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Thanks. I may have to go to that or storm matches. I was wanting to make my own by waxing them. I hit three more places today and still no luck. I'll see what the manufacturer has to say.

Thanks again!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Thanks. I may have to go to that or storm matches. I was wanting to make my own by waxing them. I hit three more places today and still no luck. I'll see what the manufacturer has to say.

Thanks again!
    I get mine at Ace hardware,ranch and farm supply good luck
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

Been there and been there. Meijers, 2 Krogers, Wally World, Aldies, Dollar General, Farm and Fleet, Ace Hardware, Trills (local sports shop) and Lo Bill. At this point, I'm a man on a mission. I will find them! I'm finding slivers of wood on the ground and traces of phosphorus along with a broken twig now and then. I'm hot on their trail. Ain't no match (really bad pun) for this tracker.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Today I learned, watch what time people post, they may not be responding to you,
    and
    Rick is funny, Rick is funny, practice (hope he keeps his day job).
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

today i learned that mr goudas makes a fine black bean soup will have to stock more cans in the storeroom will check out their other soups soon but i highly recommend this one to stock up...

always be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    Today I learned, watch what time people post, they may not be responding to you,
    and
    Rick is funny, Rick is funny, practice (hope he keeps his day job).
    You learned Rick is funny? hmmm back to class with you, youngster...
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Been there and been there. Meijers, 2 Krogers, Wally World, Aldies, Dollar General, Farm and Fleet, Ace Hardware, Trills (local sports shop) and Lo Bill. At this point, I'm a man on a mission. I will find them! I'm finding slivers of wood on the ground and traces of phosphorus along with a broken twig now and then. I'm hot on their trail. Ain't no match (really bad pun) for this tracker.
    So, it's a new day, do you continue to be matchless? (it's sometimes a challenge trying to be punnier than you)
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Striking repartee, there Trax. (get it? match. striking. I slay myself). Matchless indeed. Multiple stops bringing the total to more places than I have fingers hence more than I can count. I have placed numerous calls to Jarden Home Products (slamming them very hard here) owners of Diamond Match (still slamming them). Bad phone system that hangs up on their customers. Don't respond to email, either. So much for excellent customer service. I guess I'll have to buy from another company. Oh, wait. There isn't one. (pouting)

So much for excellent customer service. I guess I'll have to buy from another company. Oh, wait. There isn't one. (pouting)
    This must really make you burn.

Well, it got me fired up, that's for sure.

Blog Entries

Cool Aw man!

Don't "burn out" Rick. I'm sure you'll "spark" some ideas somewhere. Don't go "flaming" Diamond match co., they probably been smelling sulpher so long it rotted their brain! (Now they'll do a "Ranger Rick" and come on and put us all down.) Ya know, it's all in the "head" anyway. However my offer still holds. I gotta run out to Farm King today anyway so I'll check and see if they still stock them.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Oh, man. I bow to thee oh king of pun. I appreciate the offer but I read somewhere they require a $26.00 Hazmat fee to be paid for shipping. I don't know if that's true but that's what I read on a site that sells them. I'd hate for buy a $6 pack of matches and spend that mutch plus shipping. I WILL GET THROUGH TO JARDEN SO ANSWER THE DA** PHONE! (that was dang...I'll bet you were thinking something else weren't you.)

Sarge is definitely pun-king

I did find some online at MREdepot.com for 7.95 for a box of 750. I also see them for $60.00 a box. It's a crazy world.

Well better to buy one box of matches than curse the dark

Blog Entries

Cool Hey Rick!

Oh, man. I bow to thee oh king of pun. I appreciate the offer but I read somewhere they require a $26.00 Hazmat fee to be paid for shipping. I don't know if that's true but that's what I read on a site that sells them. I'd hate for buy a $6 pack of matches and spend that mutch plus shipping. I WILL GET THROUGH TO JARDEN SO ANSWER THE DA** PHONE! (that was dang...I'll bet you were thinking something else weren't you.)
    Are you sure about the Haz-mat? All these "Survival" outlets sell & ship matches all over the place and don't charge anything more than minimal shipping & handling. Also I recently order "Flash paper" which is specially treated paper used by magicians; the slightest spark and "POOF", it's gone in a flash. Nothing about "Haz-mat" charges. Any way, I just picked up several boxes of the "Strike Anywhere" type at "Farm King" at $1.30" per box of 250 matches. Let me know if'n ya need any! I can even send you a small "zip-lock bag of 50 or so for the cost of a 1st class stamp. Up to you.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

If I'm lyin' I'm dyin'. Ouch, what was that pain? Anyway. Check it out:

http://www.emergencyresources.com/er_p11.html = $26.00 for Hazmat

We're going back to Illinois for Christmas so I'm gonna look when we get back there. It has to be some goofy law or something. Nobody has the blasted things. And what really su**s is the company is just up the road in Muncie!!!!!! I've a good mind to....wait a minute, I don't have a good mind, what's the matter with me?

Have any of you ever thought to try your local agency that handles emergency supply and preparedness for your community? They might have supplies that you can use to stock up for natural disasters. Just thinkin' here..

No, I hadn't. Even if they don't have them they might know where I can get them. There's also a Gander Mountain about 10 miles from me. I might try them as well. Thanks for the idea.