Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what i learned today

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    fine, consider the missy withdrawn Nell 4x4 doesn't mean much when all four wheels are up in the air either...you said yourself nobody out there at 3:30 in the morning...so...please....be careful
    LOL I will trax

Quote Originally Posted by Nativedude View Post
    1.) I learned that when I moved to the remote back country, I was really alone. While it is great, for the most part, there are those times that "cabin fever" sets in. While I do many things, outdoor chores, activities, wildlife sightseeing, etc. on a daily basis, I do wish that I had someone to share the beauty and enjoyment that I have and see in my life everyday.

Nativedude, going for #3 ?????????????????? Defiantly cabin fever has set in. :-)
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    Nativedude, going for #3 ?????????????????? Defiantly cabin fever has set in. :-)
    Brave man!

i learned that you can still pull the lettuce out of the garden even in december after all this snow, just peel off the outer layers that are frost bit and use the centres, makes a good salad..

kale,collard,and mustard greens are also good from the garden in the winter, WE.Didnt know lettuce would still be growing this time of year though,what kind is it? Still got some green onions going strong out there too.

Default i don't recall the name

my father in law is italian he called it something i can't remember i'll see him this week and write it down

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    my father in law is italian he called it something i can't remember i'll see him this week and write it down
    Cool,I love planting stuff that will continue to grow into the winter,fresh is always better than buying at the store.

the wife says it's called radicchio i don't know if that's Italian or English name

the wife says it's called radicchio i don't know if that's Italian or English name
    Sounds Italian,but I could be wrong,will have to give it a try and see how well it grows here. Thanks WE.

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Today I learned you can make char cloth using a soup can and a vegetable can, thanks to Gray Wolf. I also learned the entire world seems to have stopped carrying wooden strike anywhere matches. Matches for cryin' out loud!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Today I learned you can make char cloth using a soup can and a vegetable can, thanks to Gray Wolf. I also learned the entire world seems to have stopped carrying wooden strike anywhere matches. Matches for cryin' out loud!
    Strike anywhere matches can be found at; Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer (out west), Meijer Thrifty Acres (out east), and a lot of grocery stores.

I buy up 2 or 3 cases of them when I visit my family for the holidays and take them back with me.
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

As crazy at it sounds, Wally World didn't have them. I hit two grocery stores and no luck. All safety matches. Strike on the box type. I have a couple of other places to try today. I'm sure I'll find them, I just have to keep looking.

Thanks for the info. !

Blog Entries

Cool Yo Rick!

As crazy at it sounds, Wally World didn't have them. I hit two grocery stores and no luck. All safety matches. Strike on the box type. I have a couple of other places to try today. I'm sure I'll find them, I just have to keep looking.

Thanks for the info. !
    If you don't find them let me know as we have a chain store called "Farm King" that sells them for a buck a box. We can figure out a way to get some to you. Nobody else has them around here, go figure.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I hit Dollar General this morning and I'm going to Farm and Fleet this afternoon. I'm looking for matches and paraffin not the Holy Grail.

i learned that a 250' driveway covered in snow in hard to back out of at 0 dark thirty so i shoveled off a turn around to be able to drive straight out in the dark, mrs wareagle sure likes it..

Wareagle. Son, you started off wrong. You should have complained about your bad back and your lambago, trick knee, and bad ankle. Now you've got the little Mrs. knowin' you can do a good job. She's gonna expect that from now on.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Hot Wax!

I hit Dollar General this morning and I'm going to Farm and Fleet this afternoon. I'm looking for matches and paraffin not the Holy Grail.
    Farm & Fleet is a lot like Farm King, so you might find the S.A. matches there. Wal-Mart sells parafin with their canning supplies and over in the food section. Ask an Associate.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I hit Tractor Supply no luck. I went out on the web and it looks like everyone is complaining about not being able to find them. Get this. It turns out some states have outlawed their sale because they are an ingredient in some home made bomb on the internet. Heathens! I sent Blue Diamond (which is now Jarden Home Brands) an email. We'll see what they say. I may have to start stocking up on 'em. I did find a web site for making your own matches, though.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how20/7...cbccdrcrd.html

Any chemistry majors on here?

i learned that a 250' driveway covered in snow in hard to back out of at 0 dark thirty so i shoveled off a turn around to be able to drive straight out in the dark, mrs wareagle sure likes it..
    hit the ditch enough times and it just becomes a way wider driveway. You have to explain to Mrs. Wareagle that the good Lord put it there and come spring He'll take it away again. LOL.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"