Thread: new potatoes

Default new potatoes

just fried up the year's first new potatoes. they're still nearly fingerling small, but oh my god are they great. way better than store bought, 2 month old spuds.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Nothing better than fresh from the garden.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

making sure we are on the same page, you mean the little pink ones? They are my favorite. They make a wonderful broth for bean soup.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

Blog Entries

That's it, rub it in. I haven't even planted mine yet, it's too cold! Enjoy, with lashings of butter and a bit of chopped mint!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Personally, I think the man is despicable. It's 30°F here.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

What Rick said.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Yes indeed, I can eat a gallon of fresh mashed potatoes too.
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

these ae just rusets, but all potatoes [that i've ever worked with] taste better young, taste better freshly dug then after they've been sitting in storage for weeks to months, and best of all, taste better when they're the first out of the ground in the growing season.

they even smell better when you cook them up.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I don't suppose you sent any to QC? How about me, your friendly neighborhood Minister of Science?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

of course; what kind of sprocket would i be if i had not?

A regular one...the worst kind.

Have you ever tried the "Kennebec" potato? The best for home garden.
    They are not tough-skinned enough for market, but are very popular for the home garden.

-Mert
    "...The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall not be Infringed."