Thread: the "Perfect" Bugout truck

Default the "Perfect" Bugout truck

I finally got a running 4x4 vehicle again and it is quickly turning into my bugout truck. It's a 1974 Jeep Wagoneer with a 360 v8 and full time 4wd. Paid 500 bucks and it runs so well I just cannot believe it. On it's first off-road trip into Northern Baja California it carried me, my wife, and 3 friends plus dry camping gear very well, and on the way back served as an ambulance as my wife fell and broke 2 bones in her right arm.

I am continually amazed at the huge amounts of "concealed space" in this truck, and how low key it looks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

Man! Hope your wife is doing OK. Welcome back to the forum too.

Nice jeep by the way.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Wow! I hope your wife is feeling better. That had to be terrible! That is a nice looking jeep. Sounds like you scored well.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks, been a while. My new job came close to eating me alive this winter... Good job made bad by years of deferred expenditures... I finally have management seeing my way though.

My dear wife will be fine. Got a titanium plate and 3 pins on Thursday and got the cast off today.

I um... Tested some stuff this winter and will be writing up a few equipment reviews over the weekend. Coldest winter I have experienced since my time in Alaska, and I worked right through the blizzards.

Lovethe old fullsize jeeps. I had an 80 model with 401,th400 and the quadratrac 4wd. It had a Doug Nash 2wheel/4wheel drive lever so you could unlock the front end.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Mine is a 74 with 360 TH400 and a Quadratrac. Leaving that in as it's my "snow day" truck for getting to work on the mountain. I am adding a Lockright to the rear end and a 2" lift though. Engine and tranny got full rebuilds 48k miles ago and I have all the receipts.

nice jeep I have 91 limited 4.0 Ilove it will go any where.
    If i don't get some whiskey soon i'm going to die!!!!!! didn't put eough dirt down saw it right off...