Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Congress Approved Health Care Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    I never said I was Proud, I was just stating a Fact, Thats how it works, I cant change that, are people supposed to let their children die ? or should they go on welfare ? Everyone seems to forget, There are a LOT of people , myself included that has worked my whole adult life until recently, and I have Paid Taxes through the nose, do i feel guilty getting food stamps right now,, NOPE, not one iota. I have Never abused the welfare system , but there are many who have, and I agree , thats not a good thing,
    There are programs in place, and I agree that there should be more/better options for some people, especially people in your position. (A bridge, if you will.) What I'm saying, is that this bill does not do that. And it's gonna cost a boat load of money....and still not solve the problems.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Where does foreign aid and "nation building" fit in there? Does it come under the pursuit of happiness?
    How about propping up failed corporations? Does that go under life or liberty?
    It's been so long since someone cleared that up for me.
    Those things are wrong, too, but that's not what we're talking about.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

I think I will leave this subject alone now, I have made Many good friends here and thats the way I would like to keep it,, The Bill Passed, and is a signature away from being Law, I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens next, and just for the record, I am not a Republican or Democrat either, I consider myself a Free thinker, So with a Firm Handshake to everyone here , Lets talk about fishing or something .
    We don't have to agree on everything, to be friends.
    Heck, if you can't argue with your friends, who can you argue with? LOL

Dis-agreeing is fine, as long as we still show respect towards each other.
    (At least, that's how I see it.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    No one is entitled to health care. Period.
    The great 2D wizard has spoken, so there you have it.
    I too will bid you adieu, since Urinary Olympics was never my thang.

Banned

Heck, if you can't argue with your friends, who can you argue with? LOL
    Its much more fun with Beer

Nonsense ! Its about a screwed up economy, Yes there are some users, But there are hundreds of thousands of people who would rather work than not, EVERYONE should be entitled to health care, This subject should have been dealt with YEARS ago. This BS of 100 dollar aspirins in hospitals HAS to Stop !
    Have you paid any attention to the economy since yesterday's bill passed? http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ad.php?t=11257
    The economy and the health care situation are entertwined

And NOONE is entitled to anything under our Declaration of Independence, but "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness", NOT free health care.
    ‎"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    We'll be much better off. If'n you don't like it go with them. I'm sure they'll take you along for the ride. Seein's how they are so generous with all their resources.
    You have the same right to the "pursuit of happiness" as they do, so why not make your own resources?

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Where does foreign aid and "nation building" fit in there? Does it come under the pursuit of happiness?
    How about propping up failed corporations? Does that go under life or liberty?
    It's been so long since someone cleared that up for me.
    Oh, I hear ya sister, but why keep digging the hole deeper than it already is?

Its much more fun with Beer
    Oh, heck no! You settle arguments before you start drinking beer.
    Arguing, while drinking, leads to fighting.....and I'm gettin' to old for that crap! LOL (With friends, anyway.) LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

It is just simptimatic of root cause, less being divided by more each day. They want to be the ones dividing the pie. First, it's all a LIE! There is a lot more in that 2700 pages than concern for your health. It is part of your indoctrination, continue to accept it, get used to it. The internet will be feed into the beast computers to analize and guage your discontent. Then adjustments made to bring on the next step. By the time eugenics get here you will think it acceptal. If you don't see it happening to you it is probably to late for you. For the world it is already too late, everything done now will be too little too late. Filling your head with the daily specifics of thier plan is not most productive use of your time. Grab what you can while you can! The ship is sinking and we have a community organizer at the helm.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mama View Post

And NOONE is entitled to anything under our Declaration of Independence, but "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness", NOT free health care.
    Aren't "Happy" people "Healthy" people ?

But you are right, in one sense anyway, Free Health care is no more a "Right" than free public education is ???? Hello !!! think about it, anyway, have a great Day,

Banned

Oh, heck no! You settle arguments before you start drinking beer.
    Arguing, while drinking, leads to fighting.....and I'm gettin' to old for that crap! LOL (With friends, anyway.) LOL
    LOL,, I guess it just seems more "Worth it" when there is beer

Default Retired Military and TRICARE

After the talking heads saying TRICARE won't be affected, Rep Ike Skelton (DO-MO) and Chair of HASC said he will introduce legislation to protect TRICARE since the Senate Bill (now House Bill too) adversely impacts TRICARE. He better watch it, he'll be next.

For those of you that don't understand what I'm talking about, TRICARE is the health insurance provided to active duty dependents and military retirees and their dependents. The promise has been - when you make it to retirement, you will have all your healthcare paid for you and your immediate family. I know about that "promise"; when I was so fortunate to command soldiers, I was required to cover this benefit in every monthly "Commander's Call".

That has been denied as it was never in law. Upon learning this when Col Bud Day (USAF-Ret. attorney and MOH) brought the suit resulting in TRICARE-for-Life when we were told that was never promised by congress, I can't describe how I felt for lying to those magnificent soldiers.

Sorry for the venting.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

JustinCase, I have seen plenty of unhappy healthy people and vice versa, plenty of happy unhealthy people. Happiness is a frame of mind, not a political maneuver.

Banned

Well Lets just say that being healthy is "MY" pursuit of Happiness !

Then I suggest you secure your own happiness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Old GI View Post
    After the talking heads saying TRICARE won't be affected, Rep Ike Skelton (DO-MO) and Chair of HASC said he will introduce legislation to protect TRICARE since the Senate Bill (now House Bill too) adversely impacts TRICARE. He better watch it, he'll be next.

For those of you that don't understand what I'm talking about, TRICARE is the health insurance provided to active duty dependents and military retirees and their dependents. The promise has been - when you make it to retirement, you will have all your healthcare paid for you and your immediate family. I know about that "promise"; when I was so fortunate to command soldiers, I was required to cover this benefit in every monthly "Commander's Call".

That has been denied as it was never in law. Upon learning this when Col Bud Day (USAF-Ret. attorney and MOH) brought the suit resulting in TRICARE-for-Life when we were told that was never promised by congress, I can't describe how I felt for lying to those magnificent soldiers.

Sorry for the venting.
    You have Nothing to be sorry for, You have Morals, And thats a great thing

I think a big screen tv would make me happy, should we make that a law too?
    We have the right to PURSUIT of happiness, that doesn't mean it is the government's job to make us happy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mama View Post
    Then I suggest you secure your own happiness.
    Hello !!! the Bill PASSED !

There is a time for all things. This is not the time for happiness unless it is drug induced. Is there Flouride in your water? Flouride was first used in the German concentration camps to keep the Jews complacient. I'm old school and still prefer whiskey.