Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Congress Approved Health Care Bill

Blog Entries

Default Congress Approved Health Care Bill

I don't want to say anything political. So instead, I'll just say "You've Gotta' Be Kidding Me!"

Democratic-Controlled Congress Approved Health Care Bill

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_...icleid=1241479
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Tommarow i will be changing my payroll exemptions to the max. i will no no longer feed this, And yes, if i have to, i will go to cash only.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Are you actually surprised?!
    I could see it coming...in my sleep...light years away.
    We'll just have to live with it like we do with anything else we don't like.
    It's still not the end of the world.

Blog Entries

No we dont have to roll over and live with it. No more
    At what point are you willing to call it the end of the world?
    How about the end of of a nation,
    The end of our Repiblic,
    Sorry for getting political.
    But this is it
    I didnt leave this country, This country left me
    Last edited by huntermj; 03-22-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by huntermj View Post
    Sorry for getting political.
    But this is it
    Or what?
    If THIS is it for you, what are you gonna do when TS really HTF?
    Who in the world would you like to trade with? I'd certainly like to know if I'm missing out so I can haul a$$ while I still have a chance.

Blog Entries

I wouldnt trade lives
    with anyone.
    If this is what it is, then this is what it is
    Last edited by huntermj; 03-22-2010 at 12:18 AM.
    Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

Sorry, this whole thing has my Irish up.
    Oscar Wilde

you needn't wish to trade places with others just to want things better. its a false dilemma.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

'bout time. I was pretty happy to see the executive order affirming language against taxpayer $ going for abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by LostOutrider View Post
    'bout time. I was pretty happy to see the executive order affirming language against taxpayer $ going for abortions.
    IMO this will destroy the economy of this country, decrease the quality of health care in the United States, and is marching us more quickly toward third world status.

By the way - an executive order cannot override law. Once this bill is signed into law, no executive order can change it. Only repealing it or new laws modifying it can have that affect.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I, for one, have 0 options available for health care. I've been sick for 2 weeks now and can't go to the doctor because I CANT AFFORD IT. I think it's great that my grandmother can get her medicine now. I think it's great that I don't have to front $100 that I don't have anyway to take ONE of my kids to the doctor. I have 3 kids, so if they all get sick, they either have to suffer, or we turn off the lights.

This economy needs to be destroyed. The American Dream is what's killing this country, not health care reform. It's the fattened button and pencil pushers that make $5m a year or the auto manufacturers paying workers $60 / hr to use an air wrench to tighten a bolt. It's the robots that replace workers and destroy job opportunities. Grab as much money as you can, claw your way to the top, and damn anyone that stands in the way of our gluttony. Wanna know why a basic vehicle costs us $35k instead of the $5k it costs to actually produce it? The american dream.
    I for one work my *** off to make a little money and I STILL can't afford to go to the doctor. I can't remember the last time we ate out at a resturaunt. Complain all you want, but it will improve things or destroy the country as we know it. Either way, it will get better.
    Something has to give. Throw some more straw on the camel.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    IMO this will destroy the economy of this country, decrease the quality of health care in the United States, and is marching us more quickly toward third world status.

By the way - an executive order cannot override law. Once this bill is signed into law, no executive order can change it. Only repealing it or new laws modifying it can have that affect.
    Right, crash. This is what's gonna do us in, not the two wars we were unable to pay for, the historic pillaging of Social Security (in light of the aging Boomers), and the insane money thrown to prop up the 'too big to fail' set.

Quote Originally Posted by some wikipedia for you
    Executive orders do have the full force of law since issuances are typically made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress, some of which specifically delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation), or are believed to have their authority for issuances based in a power inherently granted to the Executive by the Constitution. Congress may overturn an executive order by passing legislation in conflict with it or by refusing to approve funding to enforce it. In the former, the president retains the power to veto such a decision; however, the Congress may override a veto with a two-thirds majority to end an executive order. It has been argued that a Congressional override of an executive order is a nearly impossible event due to the supermajority vote required and the fact that such a vote leaves individual lawmakers very vulnerable to political criticism.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

As a former Insurance Agent & field underwriter I think this whole thing is nuts! 1st, lawmakers thumbed their collective noses at the voters who put them in office, 2nd, they're going to shut down an important part of the Insurance industry. 3rd, many doctors in this country who saw it coming have taken early retirement, many more are going to leave the medical profession. Others have already quit taking Medicare payments because the Government doesn't pay! 4th, It was a one-sided project planned & executed by one side of the two main political parties. 5th, it's not over by a long shot. 6th, I'd vote minority house speaker John Hoener President without hesitation! 7th, Geraldo sucks! I liked him better when he had a broken nose!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that is a good observation. several doctors in our town outright refuse to take medicare patients anymore because they aren't getting paid. The senior surgeon is retiring this year after 40+ years.
    Everyone fears change, but it is the nature of the world.
    I'm betting some legistlator with interest and investments in the insurance industry are behind the "fire safe cigarette" mumbo jumbo.
    Is anyone else tired of this hidden agenda BS?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

ycc is just one example why I am not torn up over this issue. (remember...there but for the grace of God...) SOMEthing had to be done and although this isn't ideal, it's better than nothing.

To crash's point:

"IMO this will destroy the economy of this country, decrease the quality of health care in the United States, and is marching us more quickly toward third world status."

If, of ALL the things that are wrong in this country, this one issue (that can actually help so many people) has such potential to cripple us, then maybe it's time that we as citizens and human beings reexamine who we are and what we stand for.
    IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    you needn't wish to trade places with others just to want things better. its a false dilemma.
    You are absolutely right about the false dilemma.
    But wanting things better is a relative/nebulous term. Better for whom? What's good for you may not be good for me. How about better for most? It is after all, the underpinning of democracy.

I'm with Crash on this one. I think folks failed to see the real problem here. This is not real health care reform but a health care band-aid. It does nothing to address the root causes of expensive health care. When doctor's have to pay $21,000 a month for malpractice insurance and those premiums increase 50% a year, when fraud costs Medicare $60 Billion a year then something much deeper and much worse is at the core. I think we've failed to peel the onion to get at the root of the problem.

I don't know about you but I haven't seen very many programs the Federal government has been able to run well. You named some of the reasons, LostOutRider. Why does anyone think this program will be run any better? And how many times has Washington told us it would cost XX dollars only to find out the real cost is triple the forecast?

This is a very bad omen for an already strained budget at a time when none of us can afford it. It will either result in increased taxes, decreased services or become a death knell for the economy overall. I'm a pretty optimistic guy when it comes to federal finances but I have to tell you, now I'm worried. This is not a good thing in the long run.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Old Sourdough saying, "Before Health Care Bill, fetch water, split firewood, After Health Care Bill, fetch water, split firewood".

I guess the more you are part of the system, the more you are or will be impacted, and conversely the further removed from the system the less the impact. I see this as one more wake-up call, to those tethered to the system, to extract them self with-in the next four years.

"Nothing from nothing leaves nothing, you got to have "NOTHING" if you want to be FREE".

Banned

YCC , I am sorry to hear that you have been sick,, I am in the same boat as you as far as not being able to afford to see a Doctor, Sadly, This Bill will Not help us at all, at least not yet, This bill will help the middle class some, but not the poor, I Have discussed this with MANY Canadians on another site and we Need what They Have, EVERYBODY get health care,, Canadians are ALL very happy with their system, anyway, That Said, You can still go to the Emergency Room, They HAVE to treat you, But be prepared for someone to try to help you get on welfare, They still try to recover the costs of the Visit however they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    Canadians are ALL very happy with their system
    I don't know about that. I guess the ones that live close to the border are. They come come to the US to be treated.......or could.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.