Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: An intro and a question about a good replacement for rip-stop nylon?

After only a few wears the the dry bags are falling a part on both pairs of craghoppers and one zipper has split on the pocket of one pair. Craghoppers is sending me more dry bags (they admitted their QC had issues), but on the second pair of pants where the zipper is broken, rather than replacing the pants they stated that they will refund my money, as they dont feel a replacement would meet my expectations. Im happy to get my money back, but Im not that difficult a customer, so if they dont feel that a replacement would meet my expectations, I can only assume that their pants are not made durable enough for true field use.

Back to REI, LL Bean, and mountain hardware.
    You can be prepared or be lucky and I'm not a lucky person.

If the pants are in good shape otherwise, take the money they send you and go to a local tailor/seamstress. Have them replace the zipper in the pants.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ripstop clothes? Now, if I could only find all those ripstop jungle cammies with the slant pockets (OK, they don't fit anymore if I did find them). Remember that we removed the bottom pockets on the shirt and sewed them on the upper arm. Anybody going to the jungle should tuck their shirt in and those pockets would be wasted. We also buttoned it at the collar to creepies out. Oh the memories of a misspent youth.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880