Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An intro and a question about a good replacement for rip-stop nylon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Clyde, Snooper, Wilson, and Lola said "Welcome to the Forums, Jackson!"

They want me to ask Jackson a question: "Jackson, when JC is sitting at his computer, do you lie down next to him and fart like we do to Ken?"
    No, but I often stick my nose in my dad's face and huff at him until he pays attention to me. Sometimes I slap my huge paws down on his arms so he cant type and is forced to pet me.

JC, how's the Achilles tendon making out?
    I have to tell you, even though its a minor injury, its probably the most difficult recovery I have gone through. I have torn my chest muscle completely in half, fully ruptured the tedon that hold my chest to my shoulder area, torn a wrist tendon, broken a number of bones, had a few chest / shoulder surgeries, ruptured both ear drums, had a few eye surgeries and generally abused my body and this little injury is a real pain the butt. I cant tape it, cast it, or ignore it and tendon recovery is SO slow...its driving me up a wall. Its not like any other part of the body where I can just not use it. The physical therapy is definitely helping though.
    Last edited by jc1234; 03-21-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: cant spell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jc1234 View Post
    No, but I often stick my nose in my dad's face and huff at him until he pays attention to me. Sometimes I slap my huge paws down on his arms so he cant type and is forced to pet me.

I have to tell you, even though its a minor injury, its probably the most difficult recovery I have gone through. I have torn my chest muscle completely in half, fully ruptured the tedon that hold my chest to my shoulder area, torn a wrist tendon, broken a number of bones, had a few chest / shoulder surgeries, ruptured both ear drums, had a few eye surgeries and generally abused my body and this little injury is a real pain the butt. I cant tape it, cast it, or ignore it and tendon recovery is SO slow...its driving me up a wall. Its not like any other part of the body where I can just not use it. The physical therapy is definitely helping though.
    Allow Me to assign you the Nickname of " Lucky"

Blog Entries

Good luck, man. I've had a couple of friends who've torn theirs, and they said it was a real b*tch, that's why I asked. Does Jackson fetch?
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Justin hit 1,000 posts today, so now he's gonna' start being cocky 'round here. No, wait........ he started that last month.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Banned

I didn't mean it in a bad way ,

Blog Entries

Yes you did.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Banned

Anybody that gets their chest muscles torn in half and lives through it has gotta be a little lucky ?

Blog Entries

2dumb, I've gotta' take a short break. Stand in for me here, will ya'?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Justin hit 1,000 posts today, so now he's gonna' start being cocky 'round here. No, wait........ he started that last month.
    I didn't mean it in a bad way ,
    Yes you did.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdjAw0IhZS4

Blog Entries

Don't let it happen again.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Lets just say that I have often put the saying "mind over matter" to the test and matter continues to win with a perfect record lol. My wife would agree with the nickname. She has actually given me an annual injury quota that Im not allowed to go over.

Good luck, man. I've had a couple of friends who've torn theirs, and they said it was a real b*tch, that's why I asked. Does Jackson fetch?
    It is tough, but mine is only a partial tear, not a full tear, that would be absolutely awful. Jackson's breeds have no prey drive and they have no desire to fetch. If I throw something he will follow it through the air and look at me as if to say "so...will you be getting that, or is the game over now?"

Blog Entries

Jackson's breeds have no prey drive and they have no desire to fetch. If I throw something he will follow it through the air and look at me as if to say "so...will you be getting that, or is the game over now?"
    Clyde and Snooper are Beagles. Wilson is a Yellow Lab. Lola is a Bassett Hound.

Clyde, Snooper, and Lola all think there's something wrong with Wilson. Heck, Wilson even his own pesonalized tennis balls. Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Clyde and Snooper are Beagles. Wilson is a Yellow Lab. Lola is a Bassett Hound.

Clyde, Snooper, and Lola all think there's something wrong with Wilson. Heck, Wilson even his own pesonalized tennis balls. Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    LOL! Maybe that's Jackson's issue, maybe he needs some personalized toys. When we rescued him I bought him every toy under the sun. Since he had never had a toy as a pup, he had no clue what to do with toys and still doesnt. He uses one single toy as a pillow, the rest are just kept in storage unless another dog drops by....what a waste of money that was.

Banned

LOL! Maybe that's Jackson's issue, maybe he needs some personalized toys. When we rescued him I bought him every toy under the sun. Since he had never had a toy as a pup, he had no clue what to do with toys and still doesnt. He uses one single toy as a pillow, the rest are just kept in storage unless another dog drops by....what a waste of money that was.
    Have you tried one on these ??

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Have you tried one on these ??

I think Id rather tear another tendon...

Blog Entries

Dip the toys in a bit of bacon fat.

Clyde is my "natural" son. Snooper was adopted by me as a rescue. Wilson is my adopted son/fiancee's son, and Lola was an "on the way to the pound" rescue by both of us. FVR (Frank) said I was a "sucker" for adopting an "on the way to the pound" dog, and he should know because he's done it a few times himself.
    Last edited by Ken; 03-21-2010 at 07:21 PM.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Dip the toys in a bit of bacon fat.

Clyde is my "natural" son. Snooper was adopted by me as a rescue. Wilson is my adopted son/fiancee's son, and Lola was an "on the way to the pound" rescue by both of us. FVR (Frank) said I was a "sucker" for adopting an "on the way to the pound" dog, and he should know because he's done it a few times himself.
    I almost ended up with a second dog today after walking into the local pet supplies store where rescue group had some of their dogs. I really am a one dog guy though, plus, Id need a new vehicle to transport Jackson and another dog...and thats not happening. Its me, my wife, Jackson, and a bunch of pain in the butt cats...although the cats are like a pack of drunken monkeys and do keep me laughing...when they arent destroying stuff.

Blog Entries

Oh, we have 3 cats, too. All ferals that "she who makes the decisions about cats" took in. Somebody hand me a tissue - I'm getting stuffy just thinking about them.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Banned

Oh, we have 3 cats, too. All ferals that "she who makes the decisions about cats" took in. Somebody hand me a tissue - I'm getting stuffy just thinking about them.
    We have 6. When we moved out to the country, where my wife had never lived before I told her to get a hobby, since she was used to being near a city and was bored at first. She decided she wanted to rescue and adopt out the feral barn cats. I told her it was a great idea, never thinking she would actually catch any. Well, she did catch some and they never got adopted out. We have reached our cat limit...if cats had thumbs they would be the most destructive force on earth. We wouldnt need nuclear weapons, we could just drop a bunch of cats into enemy territory and watch it crumble before our eyes.