Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aloe Vera

it is my understanding that if you use a mechanical process to get the aloe vera gel and add something like C vitamin it can be kept for some time, i have bought the gel a traditional product here near me in a herbs fair and it worked almost like the one i get from my own aloe at time... no smell changes and i have it for 6 months not freezer stored...

I've kept unrefrigerated supposedly 100% pure aloe vera gel for years and it never went bad. Although, it was a commercial product so for all I know it was pasteurized or something to prevent spoilage.

i have an aloe plant outside my home, works wonders for sunburns/burns and skin irritation or small scraps/cuts speeds the healing process up very nicely.
    Jesus is my king.

ATouugh - I see you're in Florida now. What part?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I use the aloe plant I have the same as you all do, utilizing the cell and the liquid, however, how about those green parts of the leaves that most throw away.

i cut them up and dehydrate them as I would any green vegetable.

i have never done it but was told that I can use them in stir fries etc, maybe they have nutritional value, i don't know, but if they are edible they could be yet another survival food.

I had read and I can't remember where, but aloe causes extreme diarrhea when you eat it. I like Montezuma's revenge level of diarrhea. I wouldn't eat it. I would use it on cuts, either aloe or honey.

I usually used it for my hair...

I have a big pot of it growing by my fire indoors next to my ground ivy and ribwort i have way too many plants in my pad but there are good for helping to keep the flat cooler in the hot weather too.

You can liquify aloe, then add a little bit of citric acid for a preservative for longer storage. If you have heartburn or indigestion, you can drink about 1oz of it for relief. You do not want to drink a large amount as it will cause diarrea. However, if you are constipated, it will help with that as well. Just some internal benefits!

i had a case of foot rot once and when letting my feet breath in the evenings i used aloe-the difference was INTSANT!! the morning after the first night i used it and all the torn rot was healed. i now aloe my feet when ever my feet have been in shoes for more than a day-(busy life, plus for some reason my feet sweat alot. lol)

I chop them up, and let them ferment, then I make wine out of it, it is a long lost secret of the Myans!

A few years back my mom was dying from pancreatic cancer and I was on a island starting a project that was the largest project I've ever tackled. I think between the two pressures, my mom being by far the most intense. I developed gastritis. Long story short I started to drink aloe vera juice and I think it was instrumental in healing my stomach. I can now drink beer and coffee. For the longest time I drank ginger and licorice root tea. Deep fried foods tear me up though, that's ok, not healthy anywoo.

just chedked summa the links .... soooooo many uses .... thanks !
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Man, my aloe plant leaves never get that big. Obviously I can't grow it outside in Indiana but I do have a plant by the window in the kitchen. We usually cut one of the leaves off and squeeze out the gel or juices onto a burn.
    Robert - the woods is my home

Repot it into a larger pot. Once a plant gets root bound it will grow no larger.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Must be his dogs. It has no/very little smell at all.
    Yep, it's the dogs peeing on it. While aloe has no strong smell, I think it smells kind of like fresh corn.. kind of a fleeting fragrance.
    www.threesixtyosi.com

Quote Originally Posted by BR82
    I think it smells kind of like fresh corn
    Before or after dogs pee on it? What? I'm just askin'. Sheeesh.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I find myself constantly cutting small pieces off my aloe plant. It's got so many great uses. I've also been seeing a lot of Aloe Vera Juice drinks in stores..has anyone made their own Aloe juice? If so, please let me know how. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Before or after dogs pee on it? What? I'm just askin'. Sheeesh.
    Before. Now after the dogs pee on it? Well that kind of depends on what the dogs have been eating.
    www.threesixtyosi.com

After and it smells like Bear Grylls.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel