Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5000 year old stone age arrow

Default 5000 year old stone age arrow

came across a interesting article in my travels, curiosity can be a bit of a curse at times LOL

http://sciencenordic.com/glacier-rev...tone-age-arrow
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************************

My thoughts exactly.

That pretty cool.......so some one lost them 5000 plus years ago, which means that it must have been warner....or at least the snow hadn't cover the area yet.....

Thanks for posting.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Its very cool, I'd love to find stuff like that.

And it proves global warming IS NOT man made but a cycle event that happens at random intervals

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yes it was just as warm or warmer then than it is now.

But those stone age people managed to form a world wide environmental movement, tax carbon emissions, forced everyone to drive electric cars, recycled everything, taxed the emerging part of the planet back into submission preventing the industrial revolution from occurring for another 5,000 years and saved the world.

It had to be that way didn't it, after all "global warming" is a man made thing!

(yes this is sarcasm, for those that have a difficult time identifying it)
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

While the earth's temperature ebbs and flows there is no doubt mankind has had a significant impact. I don't side with those that think it's entirely a man made phenomenon but man has had input. We've been very blessed to have lived at a time when temperature and rainfall have been moderate and comfortable. History tells us that it isn't going to last.

Don't youse guys know nuttin? global warming is cased by cow farts
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Yeah....and Like we say in Wisconsin......"Come smell our Dairy-air"

Old farmer says about cow flop and farts...."Hummm, smells like ....Money!"

Geez, talk about a thread derail...lol!
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Well, ...he started it.......LOL

who me??????????

The article mentioned it.
    I also have no doubt man is contributing, mostly because there are just too many of us for the planet to sustain.
    But I also have no doubt that taxing CO2 isn't going to make it go away.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    That pretty cool.......so some one lost them 5000 plus years ago, which means that it must have been warner....or at least the snow hadn't cover the area yet.....

Thanks for posting.
    Hey hunter could those be the ones you were talking about that you lost when you were a kid?
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Well, maybe if it was in Adams County.....and if they were Gamegetters 2117's.....

Some day some one will figure there was a big battle there......but took about 25 years to shoot that many into the brush, swamps, and even one arrow stuck in the bottom of a limb on a big a oak about 20 ft. off the ground...(long story)

I guess a few could pile up in a few thousand years.......Ya think?

LOL

LOL know what ya mean hunter
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I saw this article (and posted it on my own private forum) a few years ago. I find it quite interesting that slate was used as the point, without serrations.. I guess a hole in the vitals is as good as a sharper cut in the vitals! What awesome stalkers and hunters those guys must have been. Hats off to them.
    Last edited by Rick; 04-09-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Removed forum name.

I gonna guess that method of those points was more or a grind than a pressure flake.

A hole that big is gonna bleed, not sure segregations make too much difference.

Interesting to see a different style and possible method.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    While the earth's temperature ebbs and flows there is no doubt mankind has had a significant impact. I don't side with those that think it's entirely a man made phenomenon but man has had input. We've been very blessed to have lived at a time when temperature and rainfall have been moderate and comfortable. History tells us that it isn't going to last.
    when the "best" scientists in the world cant predict tomorrows weather accurately, I strongly doubt they have any idea what will happen in 10, 20, 100 years from now, much less WHY it happened

NYC at one time was under a mile thick glacier
    The great lakes and finger lakes were formed by glaciers
    The American southwest was once the bottom of an ocean
    The grand canyon was a giant river before it was a canyon
    The great plains were once a lush, thick forest (I might be wrong on this??)

These things came and went long before man was around, or at least around in great numbers and things will continue to change.

I still love to read about prehistoric man and learn about the tools they used and how they lived. The creativity needed to survive is unthinkable in todays world because everything is handed to us via computer now. Stone tools survived the ages because of the material while wood, leather and other natural materials that were most likely used as some sort of tools (other than shelter and clothing), have disappeared with time.

So you're saying man hasn't impacted his environment?