Thread: Has Anyone Dealt With This Knife Maker?

Default Has Anyone Dealt With This Knife Maker?

Just curious if anyone has dealt/owns any of these:

http://www.edmfknives.com/

Some interesting and some wicked looking knives. Any you know me and my Khurkis
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thumbs up

Rick,

I see nothing that tells what kind of steel he uses in his blades. For the listed prices I'm guessing he probably uses 420 or 440 stainless steel. It might be a high carbon steel like a 1095 or something along those lines, but I would check what type(s) he uses first before ordering. Also I did see whee he states that he is 10 to 11 months behind in his orders. That makes me wonder??

IMHO, the hand guard isn't very useful in a survival situation, and knives like those strike fear into the anti-gun/knife bleeding-heart zealots and could cause you a lot of grief?!

These are just my observations and opinions, but I do speak from experience!
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Blog Entries

Why is it the "EIGHT DOLLAR MOUNTAIN FOUNDRY" when prices are over $8 dollars
    Nope never heard of them, tends to have a lot of blades with knuckle guards I don't like that but remember THIS IS JUST MY OPINION so no snitching to them ...lol... and also what Nativedude said is waaaaay true and good advise.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I just happened to run across their web site. Not a huge amount of private blade makers out there so I try to check them out. I'm not a hand guard enthusiast myself. I've not been attacked by too many trees and Nativedude's comment about striking fear is probably on the mark. I did read the 10-11 month comment. Either he's not making very many or he just can't keep up because the demand is so high.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

is it just me or is 10-11 months is a huge number... do they have a problem expanding their business if they are getting that much? this is just a guess but they charge you up front for your order yeah? So why not use 10 to freaking 11 months worth of money and grow a little?