Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have gear that's out off step with your style?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's okay. You're right there with the rest of us. Styleless (I'm not certain that's a word) and clueless.
    Does having bunny slippers count as style?
    (I want some squirrel slippers, but I havn't gotten me a pair of squirrels that big, yet.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Because some gear is so specialized, I have modules made up just for that gear. When I need it, it is all in one place to either attach to my pack of stuff in it. My basic set up is just that, it is good generally for all situations but not specific enough to be great in any situation.
    I know what hunts you.

I use what works for me. Some handmade, some surplus, some fancy, some not, some may even be considered primitive. I have never been concerned about what other people thing when it comes to my gear. In fact, the folks who laughed the most about some of the stuff I carried on a deployment, were folks who normally carried the same items on the next one.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Does having bunny slippers count as style?
    (I want some squirrel slippers, but I havn't gotten me a pair of squirrels that big, yet.)
    LOL,
    I though style is drinking out of your alum. cup, with "pinkies up", 'course you almost have to, not enough room for many more, and you with feel the heat.

Mine a duck slippers, Gunner, the dog, chases them.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    .... I'm utilitarian. .....
    Hey! No religion! (couldn't resist)

I'm a....whatever I find cheap that might be useful to me kind of guy. Different gear for different needs, obviously. I don't take a camera or a lot of fishing gear when I'm out hunting, I don't take a high power rifle for a weekend in a park....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"