Thread: best BOB

Default best BOB

Hello all,

New member here. Can't quite plug in the correct words in the search function to find my answer. I'm looking for the best choice for my car BOB. Alice pack, MOLLE, school backpack, etc. Which is the best choice for a potential long hump and relatively durable?

Thanks, Mark

Hey there Mark. Here's a bit of information that may help us help you. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=7341

Also, with an introduction here http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...splay.php?f=14 we may be able to give you more relevant advice or tips.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

learning to survive

Default alice pack

I just picked up an alice pack from the local army surplus store. It seems to be the one pack that I like to use. It has plenty of pockets and is very durable. holds alot of weight too. just my thought.
    The anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

IMHO the very BEST BOB is the one you are comfortable with and does what you need it to do. I have one BOB that is in a gym bag type ( overnight) bag. Another that's in the army ACU backpack ( the one that replaces the medium alice pack) Both of them are great. The first one is great as an in vehicle bag, but kinda inconvinent for carrying any distance. The second one is great to carry/wear. But is a little large for in the vehicle all the time. So it IMO depends on how you plan to use it.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

And is this just for you? You and a spouse? A whole family? Do the intro as Crash suggested so we have some idea about you and what you want to use it for.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

He hasn't been back to the site since he asked his question over two months ago. I guess he either found his answer elsewhere or had to bug out.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ibosserman View Post
    I just picked up an alice pack from the local army surplus store. It seems to be the one pack that I like to use. It has plenty of pockets and is very durable. holds alot of weight too. just my thought.
    A lot of weight??? There I was, this is no $(^&, a ruck heavier than me ..... oh nevermind.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    He hasn't been back to the site since he asked his question over two months ago. I guess he either found his answer elsewhere or had to bug out.

Word is he bugged out, but sadly he had the "wrong" bug-out-bag, well the wolves got'ta eat too.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibosserman View Post

HOW Much weight will it hold......?????