Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Nessmuk!! (Or - I love my Nessie!)

Dagnabit!! I forgot the Lanyard hole!! Oh well, back to the shop!! I'll just wait 'Til I have to feed up the horses, Shouldn't take but a minute!

now those scales are pretty.

the blade looks great. i think i'd like to do a proper nessie before long.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Just thought I would show some Comparison Pics, of the two knives.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Nice job on the knife! Hey, has that 'lectric fence ever gave you a wake-up call?

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    now those scales are pretty.

the blade looks great. i think i'd like to do a proper nessie before long.
    This may sound crazy,but I can't wait to slice some 'Maters with it!! I've been feeling that blade tonight and that keeps coming to mind!! Hmmmm, 'Maters!
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Nice job on the knife! Hey, has that 'lectric fence ever gave you a wake-up call?
    Got me about half a dozen times last year.There's no "Juice" to it now, the horses know it's there now! Thank Goodness!!

Man if that thing had a little more hump before it drops down to the point, it would look just like a woman I know! Yeh, she's pretty sexy and so's that blade!

Now will you quit pi**'n around and get them to the heat treater, I'm die'n here! You know 2 weeks is gonna seem like 2 months waiting for them babys!

All joking aside, great work Bro!
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

nothing crazy about that. the santoku i'm just finishing up is itching to bite into some fresh [read same hour caught] fish.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    nothing crazy about that. the santoku i'm just finishing up is itching to bite into some fresh [read same hour caught] fish.
    Its about that time of the year....Yippe time to go fishing. I hope I can get my fillet knife done before I go fishing.

Poco are we there yet??? Waiting sucks!
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by panch0 View Post
    Its about that time of the year....Yippe time to go fishing. I hope I can get my fillet knife done before I go fishing.

Poco are we there yet??? Waiting sucks!
    I have a Looooonnnggg wait. I haven't even planted my tomato seeds yet!! My Nessie is going to have to cut SOMETHING before then!!

I forgot to add the last shot of it before I send it off!! I used all of sjj's suggestions!

Blog Entries

Man thats going to be a great knife! Nice job!
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Well my babies came back from Heat Treat today!! I am tickled to death!! They tested at 59RC (Rockwell). They are going to be cutting machines!!! YES!! They heat Treated, Tempered and did the Cryo treatment for the whopping sum of $15/knife! (Rather cheap I think!)Without further ado I present you......................

Now to finish these Babies up, and get some REAL knife pictures up, with them all dressed up and nowhere to go!! LOL The next pics they won't be "Naked". As much as I want to use my Ironwood, I haven't quite made my mind up. The Bowie will be dressed out in Lacewood, but the Nessie........... I think I just may surprise y'all.

Those are going to be great. Betcha don't sleep much tonight thinking about it. Come on admit it - you're like a kid waiting on Santa Clause.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Those are going to be great. Betcha don't sleep much tonight thinking about it. Come on admit it - you're like a kid waiting on Santa Clause.
    I ain't THAT calm!!! Dottie had me go from the Mailbox straight to Bowling Green!! I haven't even stepped foot in my shop today!! Dagnabit!!! If I had some really good lights in there I would have been in there already!! I'm just waiting for GOOD Daylight!!

EDIT: I Really am in love with my Nessie!! She is Sooooo sweet!!

Blog Entries

Can't wait to see these done.
    -Frank

Looking forward to seeing the scales mounted!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Well I decided on which scale I will use for this project. I drilled the holes today and I will try putting it together tomorrow or Tuesday. I think I'm going with the Buckeye Burl. This is a picture of the scales.

Nice looking scales. I like burls.

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    Nice looking scales. I like burls.
    Well to be honest I couldn't figure whether it was the Buckeye or the Redwood Burl I was going to use. The Redwood Burl looks somewhat similar to this:

The set I have is closest to the one on the Far Right........

Well, I got the scales on the Nessie!! YES!!! This will be my first knife completed!! So instead of pics, I thought I would treat you to a little video! I'm waiting on it to upload to my Youtube acct. now. As soon as it uploads I will provide a link. I am SO TICKLED!!