Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Kind Of Boots?

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I use a style of boot made by Harley Davidson. weather proof, water resistant, and mid-calf uppers add extra comfort and protection.
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis

retired American

When I first came to Thai jungle, I noticed many people walked barefoot. Although there is no snow, there are biting ants, centipedes, scorpions, etc. I asked why they had no shoes. Jungle guy says, "no have money for shoes." I asked them if they would wear shoes if they had them, or go barefoot. Guy tells other jungle guys what I said and they all laugh like hell. At the time I could not understand their lingo, so I asked Engisih speaking guy what was funny. He said they laughed because "why would any man walk barefoot if he had money to buy shoes?"

Before and after my Tour of Duty with the USMC. ( then I was wearing leather combat boots or jungle boots) all I have ever wore is Nocona cowboy boots. I spend the last 30 years in the southern Nevada desert and they have taken me everywhere I needed/wanted to go including a 20 mile hike into town because of a broken down jeep.
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Well where we are it's an issue of dry searing heat more than anything else most of the time although this season is un-seasonally wet.
    We do walk around as much as possible in bare feet even though pavement temperatures can get fearsome. It does condition the feet to be less sensitive. By not wearing shoes/boots your feet don't sweat as much which is good.
    Most people around here wear pull on steel toecap boots and wool socks when working. Those who work on tin roofs wear rubber sport/tennis shoes to protect from extreme heat due to sun reflection.
    A lot of 'Bushies' don't wear shoes/boots ever. Even with the amount of snakes around here.
    I'm not that confident and if I go hiking I'll wear hiking boots and gaitors even in 40 degree heat. Bu99er giving the snakes an even bigger chance.
    By far the biggest seller here in the last year or so has been the 'croc' a rubber sandle that at first glance looks rubbish but is actually very comfy.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there

Croc's have been all the rage here as well. So much so that lawyers are having a hayday suing when somebody gets injured wearing them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Lawyer = Blood sucking leach.

Sorry that was disrespectful ........................................ to the leaches.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there