Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you cooking today and how?

barbeque pulled pork slow cooked for 8 hours in an iron skillet....with potato salad and coleslaw
    ‎"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mama View Post
    barbeque pulled pork slow cooked for 8 hours in an iron skillet....with potato salad and coleslaw

Dang it, MM!!! I was happy with my leftover beans, until you posted that. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Blog Entries

I had steak and kidney pudding, cabbage, carrots and roast potatoes mmmm! It was a hard day in the garden, needed refuelling
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Kidney pudding? Heeeckt! What is with you and your animal parts pudding? Why can't you go with tapioca pudding or chocolate pudding?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Tonight is gonna' be sit down Chinese Reataurant food. Combo Appetizer and a Mai Tai, Wonton Soup, Butterfly Shrimp with veggies, white rice, and a mess of them fortune cookies and almond cookies with hot Oolong Tea.
    I did it. Buuuurp. Over an hour (buuuuuuurp) of non-stop eating. I am sooooo(buuuuuurp)ooooooooo stuffed I'm having trouble breathing.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I made turkey burgers for me and my best friend using the stove I take backpacking. He was quite surprised what I could do with that beast.

And not to mention they were quite tasty!

Today it was Ken's favorite-Squirrel soup, w' wild leeks, king boletes and morels.

Ken - I was the same way. I was so stuffed I had trouble breathing. Then I realized my belt was too tight. (shrug). Had to make a new hole. Cheap dang belts keep shrinking.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Kidney pudding? Heeeckt! What is with you and your animal parts pudding? Why can't you go with tapioca pudding or chocolate pudding?
    Dumpling, silly! Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCvKxyOZiYY
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Banned

Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and green beans

(thanks to DOC and WSF)

Thank you !!!!!

That's some good eatin' that's for sure.

I made Roast pork and curried lentils Madras style.
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

Cheese toast under the broiler for breakfast.

Hot pocket.
    Microwave.

Day's over for today here, but tomorrow we'll be cooking some amazing Brazilian bbq (called Churrasco.) Here's an idea of what we'll be having - a link about Churrasco and a pic!

http://www.maria-brazil.org/brazilian_barbecue.htm

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by smhg; 04-03-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Added picture

Blog Entries

Over an hour (buuuuuuurp) of non-stop eating. I am sooooo(buuuuuurp)ooooooooo stuffed I'm having trouble breathing.
    I only mentaion it because if a family member said somethung like this to me i would call them on it.
    Last edited by huntermj; 04-03-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smhg View Post
    Day's over for today here, but tomorrow we'll be cooking some amazing Brazilian bbq (called Churrasco.) Here's an idea of what we'll be having - a link about Churrasco and a pic!
    Ah, yes. Carne Espeto!

W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Ah, yes. Carne Espeto!

Oh Man, That looks GOOD !!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Oh Man, That looks GOOD !!
    I second this statement.

Blog Entries

Drool, guys! This is an annual event I attend.

Carne de Espeto

Feast-goers of all ages are drawn by the wonderful aromas wafting through the air to our giant outdoor Carne de Espeto barbecue pit. Here, hundreds of hungry visitors gather to skewer our delicious beef sirloin cubes and do their own cooking. After rubbing some aromatic salt on the beef and finding just the right spot over the coals, its just a matter of minutes before the tender and flavorful Carne de Espeto is ready to eat. Lava rock ensures that the temperature of the gas-fired barbecue stays evenly hot.

Madeira WineOne of the most special treats for any feast-goer of age is the Madeira wine. Shipped in barrels, directly from The Island of Madeira, this wine is served exclusively at the Feast of the Blessed Sacrament. Because of new regulations, the exporting of authentic Madeira wine is strictly controlled. Through an exclusive and special agreement between Feast organization officials and the President of Madeira, permission has been given for the Feast to sell this world renowned sweet and delicious wine. For those with other tastes, the Feast offers a full bar for mixed drinks. In addition, sangria and white wines are available along with Madeira wine at the wine shed beneath the santana house across from the main stage. The very popular Budweiser Beer is sold on tap throughout the Feast grounds. Also bottled water, many flavors of soft drinks, coffee and espresso are available. The Feast of the Blessed Sacrament acknowledges its responsibility to the community in making certain that alcoholic beverages are served in moderation only to those persons of legal drinking age. Color wrist bands, available at no charge with proof of age, must be worn by anyone who would like to enjoy an alcoholic refreshment at the feast.

Description of Foods & Beverages

ATUM - Marinated tuna pieces with onion and parsley served cold in a Portuguese bread roll or as cooked tuna steaks.
    BACALHAU - Codfish chunks in a flavorful "molho" of Portuguese spices, garlic, parsley and onions.
    CABRA - Tender young goat meat cooked in tomatoes, herbs and Portuguese spices.
    CAÇOILA - Pork butts marinated in wine-vinegar, then stewed.
    CARNE de ESPETO - Tender barbequed cubes of top-grade beef spiced with coarse salt, bay leaves and garlic powder.
    CARNE GALINHA - Roasted chicken, prepared Portuguese style, mildy seasoned with an aromatic blend of spices and served with vegetables.
    CARNE GUISADA - Stewed beef steeped in natural juices, seasoned and spiced to perfection.
    CARNE de VINHO e ALHOS - Delicious pork cubes marinating in Madeira wine, garlic and Portuguese spices and herbs and cooked to perfection.
    COELHO - Stewed tender young rabbit cooked Portuguese style.
    FAVAS - Large, flat beans cooked and simmered in a savory, spicy sauce.
    LINGUIÇA - A spicy, tangy Portuguese sausage, grilled and served in a Portuguese bread roll.
    MALASSADAS - Deep-fried Portuguese dough, soft and fluffy and coated with sugar.
    TREMÔÇOS - Small yellow Portuguese beans served cold as a delicious appetizer to compliment your beverage.
    VINHO - Madeira wine and sangria full of flavor from the vineyards of Madeira.
    CERVEJA - Beer always served cold from the tap. ÁGUA - The finest spring water served in bottles.

The Feast of the Blessed Sacrament is sponsored by
    The Club Madeirense S.S. Sacramento, Inc.
    50 Madeira Avenue
    New Bedford, MA 02746
    508-992-6911
    Last edited by Ken; 04-04-2010 at 05:26 PM.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark