Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2321

Thread: What are you cooking today and how?

"And never the twain shall meet". Mark felt the same way apparently. He seemed to use that saying a lot.

Yes, DSJohnson, THAT is what I'm talkin' 'bout right there. Manly stuff. Do you suppose vegetarians know vegie burgers are fried in lard?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Like I said, I doubt anyone was going to want that tofu noodle recipe lol.

Last night on the other hand, i swayed off my 'doc's' dietary meal plan, and had a Jamaican Beef patty, rice pilaf w/ veggies and cheese, a salad, and a cup of Café du Monde Coffee and some grapes and cheese for appetizers while drinking a glass of Chardonnay.

For my birthday my wife has given me a grinder and sausage stuffer. So far,from the thousands of recipes I have made a batch of brats and beef sticks.

Nice! And Happy Birthday!!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ummm. Don't use those together unless that's a meat grinder. Angle grinders will fling meat all over the kitchen. Don't ask me how I know. Happy Birthday.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I just tried for the 1st time RAO's Arrabbiata pasta sauce. I was hesitant to buy it due to it being rather pricey, but it went on sale and to my surprise it is the best store bought pasta sauce I have ever have had, so I thought I would mention it here for others to hear about it.

RE previous post, I too have a meat grinder but do not have the sausage attachment for it. I find it to be a tad easier though to use a professional grade food processor for grinding meat.

Back in the day, mom used a hand crank meat grinder that attached to the countertop. It had different plates for different grinds. Mom used it a lot. Mostly for beef but she ran other stuff through it as well. I still have it. Like you, I use a food processor. I guess the reason we invent things is to make life easier. You can still purchase the hand models and they still get the job done.

Some people say that using the hand crank style grinder gives them satisfaction. I don't know who these people are. Eating the sausage is what gives me satisfaction.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And gas. There is that. That's why there's no bugs or mice in the server room.

I made a lot of sausage with a hand crank grinder. I rigged a belt to a variable speed drill wit a foot pedal control and made a lot more. Then one day I got a $350 grinder/suffer from Cabela's and never made another link... My sons have used it to make some but I haven't.

Alan

I had 2 hand crank grinders that were given to me. One was in a storage bin in the garage. Also, in that bin was a vertical sausage stuffer, electric meat grinder and various other meat processing tools. My wife's cousin was working in the garage on my UTV. He put the bin on my trailer. After taking the lid off. Forgot about it and let it get a bunch of rain water in it. And, then left the water in the bin, put the lid back and left it to sit for like 18 months.

So, I am looking to replace those things. I just did a packer brisket and a pork butt for my daughters birthday and the brisket trimmings were wasted. I put them in the fridge with the intent of grinding them for burger. Then never got to grinding. I have just been rendering the fat to tallow.

Never thought of trying a food processor. I have a Ninja Blender with all of the attachments. We have been looking at the all metal Kitchen-aide 5 or 6 quart mixers. The all metal meat grinder might be ok. I don't know.

Batch, if it is rusty, get some Evapo-rust. It's expensive but it can be used over and over. The stuff words wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Batch, if it is rusty, get some Evapo-rust. It's expensive but it can be used over and over. The stuff words wonders.
    I recently cleaned up a rusty motorcycle gas tank. I watched probably a hundred videos on different ways to do it. Evapo-rust, vinegar and electrolysis seemed to be the most popular. I went with vinegar because it was cheap. Filled tank with vinegar let sit for 24 hours. Drain, refilled with fresh vinegar, let sit for 12 hours. Drain, rinsed with baking soda and water. Then dried using a heat gun and then coated with Marvel mystery oil. It came out looking brand new on the inside. I poured the dirty vinegar were the curb meets the street to kill the grass instead of using Round up and it worked great.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Today we have small meatballs on the table, Indonesian style. With a simple salad with cherry tomatos, hard boiled eggs, Greek Feta and a little bit of majonnaise.

I made a Wagu Picanha I cut into 1.5" steaks. Smoked them to 110 to 130 and then flame seared them at 550. Roasted vegetables and whole mashed potatoes with irish salted butter. Obviously not A5 wagu. And while it was good. I think the prime picanha I have in the freezer is going to be better.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Today I had a can of pork and beans with a can of Vienna sausages all mixed up in a Tuperware bowl and eaten cold right out of the fridge.

Welcome to the real world.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Today I had a can of pork and beans with a can of Vienna sausages all mixed up in a Tuperware bowl and eaten cold right out of the fridge.

Welcome to the real world.

I appreciate the real world. But, if you are going to smoke and grill meat. A $40 Wagyu picanha that feeds 4-6 people and a nice piece for to dogs to boot. Isn't a lot.

The prime picanha is 30 something and if you buy choice you can get them for a little over $6 a pound here. For an awesome steak!

Right now I am on hour 7 of a beef cheek cook. Apple and hickory for a little over four hours and then I have been confeeing for a few hours in wagyu fat. Which I recovered. So, I lost no tallow other than what was on the bark. The cheek was like 8 bucks and will feed 3 and provide lunch for me tomorrow.

Zucchini, peeling and boiling 15 min. Than cut lengthwise in two. Remove the seeds. Filling up with sun dried tomato's, layers of bacon en on top some spicy cheese.
    Than about 15 minutes in the oven at 390 F.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Roel; 10-03-2023 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roel View Post
    Zucchini, peeling and boiling 15 min. Than cut lengthwise in two. Remove the seeds. Filling up with sun dried tomato's, layers of bacon en on top some spicy cheese.
    Than about 15 minutes in the oven at 390 F.
    Enjoy!
    That sounds great!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I've got a pot of chilli cooking for supper tonight. There's enough for Tamale pie for another night. The weather has definitely turned autumnal over the last week or so. T shirt weather is behind us now.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.