Page 74 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2321

Thread: What are you cooking today and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I canned six more pounds of ground chuck. That's 4 quarts.
    The cut of beef, or the guy?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Don't you have a run to make to ... Cuba or some place?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well, if someone tried to copy your work, that little piece of info could be kind of important.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

where is Ken when you need him? Roasting Boston Butts by the fire.....
    Last edited by erunkiswldrnssurvival; 10-08-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: typo
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis

Quote Originally Posted by erunkiswldrnssurvival View Post
    where is Ken when you need him? Roasting Boston Butts by the fire.....
    Now that sounds like some good eatin', right there!

I cheated. I did one of those "in a hurry" things. Threw some frozen meatballs in the microwave, then added some marinara (I like Newmans own.), put it back in the microwave long enough to heat the sauce, then put it on a sub roll, add some provolone and put it under the broiler for a few. Ta-da....meatball and cheese sub. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Breakfast roll ups for the week.

12 oz cold beer
    8 extra large eggs I like Eggland Best
    1 lb bulk sausage I like Jimmy Dean
    4 oz grated cheese I like Mexican style cheese
    8 oz Medium Thick n Chunky Salsa I like Taco Bell
    8 extra large flour tortillas

In large frying pan brown sausage, crumbling it as you cook it till done. Set aside and drain grease.
    In same pan scramble eggs till done well.
    With low or no heater add cheese, sausage and salsa mix well.
    Place egg mixture in large flour tortillas, roll them up and wrap in cling wrap. Freeze.
    You can pop them in the micro wave oven before you eat them.
    You can adjust any quantities per your taste. Most the time I get 8 roll ups, you may get more or less.
    Oh yea the beer sometimes I drink it while I cook, and sometimes I drink it after I cook.
    Dave

Face Fear With Knowledge

fear: is defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat

Knowledge: is defined as (i) expertise, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject

This week I bought a couple of whole chickens. I cut the breast off into airlines (that's the skin on breast with the first section of the wing bone still attached), deboned the thighs, cut off the legs, etc. All the nicest parts I vacced into the three bags, seasoned with S&P and cooked sous vide- they got 4 hours @ 149 degrees F. I threw the necks, backs, wings, skin, bones & 1 leg that I massacred all into a stock pot and covered with water. I simmered the stock for 4 hours, then dumped it into a crock pot and let is simmer for another 10 hours. Got the loveliest stock, very gelatinous. Then the next day I reduced the 2 qts of stock down to 1 qt.

So I used half the stock to make ramen; cooked the noodles in the stock along with 1/4 of a julienned onion. During the last minute I added 3 sliced boneless chicken thighs that I'd sous vide'd earlier. Very nice!

The rest of the stock will make me a batch of cous cous tomorrow!

I had a little bit of ham left, from one I cooked the other day, so I cut off what was left, and diced it up. (It ended up being about 3 cups full.) Well....that left a ham bone with a little meat left on it....soooo I threw the diced ham, and the ham bone in a big pot, added some water, a cut up onion, and a pile of navy beans. LOL

It should be good, by this afternoon.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

2d, great minds think alike. I varied a bit. Last night in a crock pot , started cooking a ham bone with meat on in chicken broth. Before I went to bed, threw in two diced onions, four diced carrots and a pound of split peas (they had been soaking in water for 5 hours). Took the bone out an hour or so ago. I added One package of garlic instant mashed potatoes. Used a hand held blender to "smooch" (that is a technical term) everything (I like split peas soup thick and creamy) . Now just letting it simmer, to be served with biscuits.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    2d, great minds think alike. I varied a bit. Last night in a crock pot , started cooking a ham bone with meat on in chicken broth. Before I went to bed, threw in two diced onions, four diced carrots and a pound of split peas (they had been soaking in water for 5 hours). Took the bone out an hour or so ago. I added One package of garlic instant mashed potatoes. Used a hand held blender to "smooch" (that is a technical term) everything (I like split peas soup thick and creamy) . Now just letting it simmer, to be served with biscuits.
    Hey, I like the garlic sudden taters idea!!! I'm gonna have to steal that one! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Yuppers,, I use them and other flavors of "sudden taters" to thicken soups. Just put a little in at a time and stir so you don't get lumps. If you make a potato soup, makes it dynomite thick and gooooood.

So much for the manly man soup show
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Super duper busy this week (and next). So I've been making use of the crockpot.

Earlier this week, a chicken curry, with cauli, potatoes, carrots, and peas. Tonight, chili.

I just wish the weather would cooperate, so that these cold weather foods are more craveable. Still way up in the 90s here.

Pa said he was mighty glad to hear the weather there is tolerable. 40 and rain on this side of the big mountains. He said send the chili. He will dispose of it for you. It's dangerous to be eating that in hot weather. Gas from the beans will expand all the more. Pa said he heard of one fellah that drifted away after eating chili on a hot day. Just send it to us and take no chances.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Last night was pretty basic... steak, taters and onions in bacon fat and butter, steamed broccoli.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

And G&T

I have to apologize to the rest of the F.A.R.T.s She came over to the command trailer and tested the new kitchen for us. I have to tell you, that steak was mighty good. She even made me a gin and tonic. Then I had to hustler her out to the airport to catch a FARTAIR flight back home.

(We only had enough money for one engine)

Finally, it's cool enough to enjoy some soup! I was in a meeting, bored, and I thought I would check out my new How to Cook Everything app on my iPhone. Looked to see if I could find anything to make with what I had in the house. Voila! Tom kha gai - Thai coconut chicken soup.

Yes, I just *happened* to have tons of coconut milk and fresh lemongrass. But I'm out of milk and eggs. That's how I roll.

YUM! Can't go wrong w/fresh lemongrass in anything.

The F.A.R.T. Pirates (not to be confused with them butt pirates) are looking for a new cookie and you are going on a cruise. Just sayin.

Gotta go here comes Rick. Ouch!

Sorry, Reb. You have it confused. It's F.A.R.T. Pilates.

Here's 2Dumb practicing Pilates while picking up some beer for the F.A.R.T. meeting.