Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survival Camouflage (for hunting)?

Quote Originally Posted by justin_baker View Post
    Some fool would shoot yer ***

Quote Originally Posted by Tripwire View Post
    Some fool would shoot yer ***
    +1! You may have just saved his life!

I sure hope he puts an orange hat on top of the deer head.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

sjj - Are you a really hairy chameleon? You changed colors every time you walked into new terrain.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

well all the feed back is good but one of the most important thing's would be smell you need to hunt downhill because if an animal catches your scent then say goodbye to your dinner, and no point saying anything about camo it's already being coverd.
    Last edited by skully; 04-08-2010 at 04:09 PM.

DT, what AS said, there are a million things to learn and a million things that can go wrong. For starters, if you are ever in the situation you described, if you're desperate for food then your priorities better be what food is available and how am I going to make that food dead. Fashion statements really don't come into play at all. I'd advise, based on what you've stated, that you get out with some experienced hunters(but where do I find experienced hunters, Mr. Trax? Try hanging out at gun shops, outdoor supplies stores and gun shows Deadly Tao) and get some hands on experience with them. The things you need to know don't really transfer well from the written word on a forum to real world use.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Drinkable water .A shelter either hand made or natural .Fire and alot of wood Then traping fishing gathering

A mute color checkered shirt and dark brown pants will provide all the cammo you will need. Stay in the shadows, move slowly and quietly, watch your hands -they will flash in sunlight. Stay off the skylines, skirt the open areas. Pull your hat low over your face. In a day or so your *beard will help darken your face.

*It doesn't help me except in snow country :-)
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Yup, which makes them the perfect after dinner snack :-)
    Never without my Paracord Survival Bracelet an essential part of any Survival Kit !

I uh....huh?