Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a bit about ole wareagle

Default a bit about ole wareagle

so i get allot of comments at work about how much i eat and the size of my lunchbox, wife always asks why i spend so much a week on gorceries, often between 150 and 200 dollars a week and its just the two of us, you may wonder why the last few years why most of my threads centre of fire or food.
    well heres why
    i often joke about haveing gifted genetics, but in fact it is true at 6ft 4 in and 237 lbs and 8 percent body fat i eat allot high metabolism and strong work ethic i conusme allot of energy, hense i eat allot and focus my knowledge on food.
    i am adament about fitness which i never talk about that is your option to be fit or not but heres a little story as to why.
    back in the mid 90's as most of you have read i was a pro bullrider out with a broken leg, the ufc had a few events going on and it was july of 97 i watched ufc 14 mark coleman vs maurice smith, at the time i was a coleman fan, well long story short it was the truning of no holds barred (nhb) competition to mma
    tsuyoshi kosaka and frank shammrock and maurice smith had formed "the alliance" combining all the abilites of different fighters into on combined perfect warrior focusing on cardio the most, i was lucky enough to learn from the alliance and have made cardio and strenght endurance my focus ever since.
    see i beleive that when the crapper hits the fan that the first year will be the biggest test with the sick and unfit dieing off first, i want to be bigger faster stronger and more stocked and prepared than the rest if after 3 months you have not had proper nutrition and rest and you come to my compound then my training and preperations will ensure(hopefully) a better chance of my continued survival, yes we have had the discussion about a sniper taking me out, thats how sourdough and i became freinds 3 yrs ago but this is just a general surival lifestyle that i live.
    now some may read this and this ole eagle is doing a "naner nanner" i think thats how it was put before, but me i see it as explaining my focus and maybe someone else reading this will look at it and gain some insight into their own and families survival.
    thanks for reading
    WE
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Smaller guys eat big lunches, too. Just sayin".
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thanks Wareagle, that does help in understanding your lifestyle, goals and preparations.

Seems to me you might have a harder time in a SHTF situation if you eat that much now.It might take a couple people to hunt and gather just to meet that much of a dietary requirement. I think a "Higher Metabolism" would be a liability in a survival situation.

Take a look at Native Americans. When they no longer lived the survival lifestyle, that they had lived before. Obesity became a big thing. They had become adapted to a "Lower Metabolism" and had been fine. Then the mass food quantities that "Civilization" made available, made obesity a problem for them as a people. Why? Because their bodies had become used to making do with less food. They got more nutrition from less food. Instead we get less nutrition from more food.

In a true SHTF situation, it is my opinion that the folks who have a problem with obesity now, once they "Tone down", are the ones that will have a better chance.

No offense WE, but I think it has nothing to do with the "work Ethic" either. Native Americans could do more, with Less food, than any of the comparative peoples of that day. They could run further,faster and longer. All on a couple handfuls of parched corn, and maybe a quart of water. To do the same thing today would require a couple massive dinners equivalents to perform the same of athletes today. That would be a detriment in a "survival scenario" I would think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    see i beleive that when the crapper hits the fan that the first year will be the biggest test with the sick and unfit dieing off first, i want to be bigger faster stronger and more stocked and prepared than the rest if after 3 months you have not had proper nutrition and rest and you come to my compound then my training and preperations will ensure(hopefully) a better chance of my continued survival.......
    If someone comes to your place intending to kill you and steal your supplies, you could always catch 'em off guard with your bubbling personality, award-winning smile, a bit of hospitality, and an offer of a home cooked meal!

Just remember to add a fast-acting poison to the first course.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

i agree pocco no offense, my consumption of food is a worry to me, thats why i try to learn so much about wild foods and storing food, i realize that i am at a disadvantage that way.

i agree pocco no offense, my consumption of food is a worry to me, thats why i try to learn so much about wild foods and storing food, i realize that i am at a disadvantage that way.
    On the bright side, even though you're big, you're probably all tuff and stringy, as far as long pig goes, so the guy looking at you through a scope will probably not want you for dinner. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Default a bit about ole trax

didn't make me think you were goin' "nanner nanner" made me think you're a guy I wouldn't want to have to #@$#@!! with (whatever that translates to!) We're still on the same side right?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Wareagle I said I know your just tring to let them know they don't need as much as some have,....sometimes I get the feeling your saying nanner ,nanner! Thats cuz you were going on and on about it!

Now back on topic I agree 100% with Poco. I know this for a fact from personnal experience.

The only disadvantage you have is thinking you need more. This spring and summer eat less store bought and more of the wild edibles raw (the ones that can be of course) Which is quite a few.I'm talking a real true fasting with the store bought stuff Just don't eat it. I guarantee in two weeks you will have more energy than you've ever felt before. You'll lose some weight of course, but you won't lose any strength!
    Last edited by Ted; 02-27-2010 at 03:42 PM.
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

ha, ted i was hoping for your response, smiled when i saw your name on the thread,
    so to the topic-sounds like your going all "way of the peaceful warrior" on me, but i do agree i have been studying edibles for only 3 years now, this will be coming up the 4th summer, i am a firm beleiver that you should learn an edible to the fullest, to what sam thayer calls "contradictory confidence" example- if a botanist tells you thats an orange but you know it to be an aplle you will argue with any "expert" that says other wise, i have studied many a edible for 3 yrs now and this year will be in the harvesting phase of my learning, knowing where all the areas are where they are to be found and they consuming and also drieing allot for winter use
    also yes i could eat allot less and cheaper, but i am trying to reach a goal of 265 lbs, kind of just to see if i can personal challenge type of thing

trax- me- you= brothers

Blog Entries

trax- me- you= brothers
    Not sisters?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

How's your cardio stamina we?
    Can you run a 7min mile OK? Can you do 5 miles without getting winded?
    If no, that should be at the very top of your to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Not sisters?
    No, we are definetly brothers Ken, your our sister! LOL!
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I hear banjo music!
    Ruuuuuuuuun!!!!!

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Default Oh Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I hear banjo music!
    Ruuuuuuuuun!!!!!
    Here I did my best to stay out of this and here you have to drag us Rednecks into this. SHAME
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    Here I did my best to stay out of this and here you have to drag us Rednecks into this. SHAME
    Takes one to know one.
    Just 'cause I live in the big city doesn't mean I forgot my roots.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    How's your cardio stamina we?
    Can you run a 7min mile OK? Can you do 5 miles without getting winded?
    If no, that should be at the very top of your to do list.
    right now i can keep the airbourne shuffle up for one hour, and thats in the cold, remember i am training for the muskoka triathalon

naw ted, kens more like that annoying uncle that always seems to show up at dinner time uninvited, annoying but still family

Blog Entries

And we have THIS from the very same guy who kept me up for almost an hour typing a detailed explanation while he went to bed.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

naw ted, kens more like that annoying uncle that always seems to show up at dinner time uninvited, annoying but still family
    Thank you, nephew WE! What time's dinner tonight?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

My philosophy is a bit diff. when it comes to body fat. Years ago I use to watch Survivor and noticed something pretty interesting. Those that had low body fat, if not consuming the proteins and carbs that they were use to, muscle failure was fast and furious.

Those that had extra body fat in the 25 to 40lb range, usually did alot better on the challenges and they were able to survive the limiting meals and nutrition that was available.

This leads me to believe that if you have an extra 25 to 40 lbs, and slightly physically fit and healthy, then you're chance for survival is greater.

The low body fat people will burn out their fat reserves and muscle failure will start much sooner than the slightly overweight person who may not be able to run as fast or lift as much, but who can finish.

These are just my observations.

I'm 5'10 and weith in around 205 to a max. of 210. At work I've noticed that at 47 years old, I kind of dog out the younger guys who work out at the gym and have low body fat. Yeh, they may be able to bench and curl more than I do, but when it comes to endurance using muscles that the gym weights and machines don't work, they burn out much much faster.

They may be able to beat me in a foot race, however I will finish the race.

Ah, just typing on a Sunday afternoon.