Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5 minute food grab

Default What amazes me in general...

People eat all sorts of crap now but seem to get very particular at the prospect of SHTF.
    Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Rick, do you have stock in GM seeds or something? LOL!

The answer to feeding the world's horde is to cut down on the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    Rick, do you have stock in GM seeds or something? LOL!

The answer to feeding the world's horde is to cut down on the horde.
    How about cutting down on the portions of what some of that horde puts away? Or throws away?
    Just for a start.

If it's that bad and you want to get home with your loot you'd better take a smoke pole.

meds, batteries, beans, rice, salt, flour, oil, charcoal, a national enquirer (to see if this was predicted).

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    People eat all sorts of crap now but seem to get very particular at the prospect of SHTF.
    Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Agreed Several years ago ( [COLOR="RELIGOUS WARNING"][/COLOR] My Brother in Law was on a mission visit to Africa. They were having a famine at the time. People there were starving to death daily. BUT many refused the food offered because it wasn't Ethnically prepared.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Agreed Several years ago ( [COLOR="RELIGOUS WARNING"][/COLOR] My Brother in Law was on a mission visit to Africa. They were having a famine at the time. People there were starving to death daily. BUT many refused the food offered because it wasn't Ethnically prepared.
    I suppose when some religions enter the picture all bets are off.
    Who would expect that something so trivial can trump the basic, innate need to survive?

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I suppose when some religions enter the picture all bets are off.
    Who would expect that something so trivial can trump the basic, innate need to survive?
    For some, it's survival long after they have left our presence here that matters the most.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RWC
    Rick, do you have stock in GM seeds or something?
    Naw. I'm only interested in the dividend that stock pays.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    For some, it's survival long after they have left our presence here that matters the most.
    Then perhaps we shouldn't interfere but use our flawed resources where the here and now is more appreciated.

Benesse, I have to agree with part of your statement. I posted not too long ago on how much food the USA and Britain tosses each year. Frankly, it's an astronomical amount. While much of that is perishable and it would be difficult to reroute. A lot of it could be used locally in shelters, etc.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Oh, I'm with you B. I only brought up what I did because to me, it's the only rationale that is plausible in trying to explain it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

110 degrees in the shade TucsonMax's Avatar

Canned goods, more baking supplies, comfort foods, OTC medications, TP, batteries, more first aid supplies, Bisquick.
    I have actually thought about this exercise many times and my wife and I have a prioritized list based on the nature and expected length of the event. If we think it'll be over in a few weeks and there is mayhem at the stores, we're prepared to bug-in. That said, our list is basically identical to Crash's above. The only thing I would add is propane and feminine hygiene.
    Chance favors the prepared mind.

Oh, I'm with you B. I only brought up what I did because to me, it's the only rationale that is plausible in trying to explain it.
    It makes sense.