Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Multi-use items!

Default Thread Compilation

Attached is a compilation of this thread I have attempted. It is so long, I am attaching it as 2 txt files. Since I am new to the Forum and missed most of the original posts, I added a few suggestions and comments of my own along the way.

Multi-Use Items Thread Part 1.txt
    Multi-Use Items Thread Part 2.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Sam View Post
    Attached is a compilation of this thread I have attempted. It is so long, I am attaching it as 2 txt files. Since I am new to the Forum and missed most of the original posts, I added a few suggestions and comments of my own along the way.

Multi-Use Items Thread Part 1.txt
    Multi-Use Items Thread Part 2.txt
    Aw man...you gonna make us look thru all those files to see what you added?.....Pay back is a bee-ytch...LOL

Anyway, your soap box was a good summery....you might want to post that for the lazy people.

Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by hunter63; 05-13-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I think you did an outstanding job summarizing the thread. I had to give you some rep for that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default Multi use

It won't be as interesting just looking at the list though...
    reading all thew posts is half the fun

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    So how do you like this tool?....
    Have seen them around, but have been afraid to spend any money on something that may or may not be the best tool for the job.
    Sorry for the late reply.

It is quite nice to be honest, and it is a good size, too. Not too big, not too small and it all fits into 1 pouch. The tool uses a bolt and pin system, with a larger piece to tighten it down the specific tool. It's made by Rothco if you are familiar with the name. I believe it's about $15-20 depending on where you buy it. As for the tool itself, I've heard that Rothco can make some cheap stuff, but this tool has a good rep and is said to be very sturdy and durable over time.

Amazon link if you wanna look: http://www.amazon.com/Military-Style.../dp/B000PVV5RG
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil K View Post
    Sorry for the late reply.

It is quite nice to be honest, and it is a good size, too. Not too big, not too small and it all fits into 1 pouch. The tool uses a bolt and pin system, with a larger piece to tighten it down the specific tool. It's made by Rothco if you are familiar with the name. I believe it's about $15-20 depending on where you buy it. As for the tool itself, I've heard that Rothco can make some cheap stuff, but this tool has a good rep and is said to be very sturdy and durable over time.

Amazon link if you wanna look: http://www.amazon.com/Military-Style.../dp/B000PVV5RG
    Thanks for the link.

Does that multi tool have a hollow handle? I may get one just because of that reason.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Does that multi tool have a hollow handle? I may get one just because of that reason.
    Indeed it does!
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    That way you can leave contact information in the handle to identify your remains when you RWTTW......LOL
    Bazinga........

5" vise grip. I have used it for everything from cooking to throttle linkage. It has saved my bacon more times than I can count.

good thing to know all this cause you might need these skills one day when it REALLY counts not just on
    some weekend camping outing where at days end you go home to that soft bed and warm house.

I don't know if it was already posted or not, but I say a chisel. I keep one to three of them of various sizes in my daypack. That way I can split firewood, take fatwood and such out or off of trees, and many other tasks that may hurt a good quality knife.

Canned TUNA in Olive oil. 3 uses.

1. Poke a hole in the top, stick in a string wick and use it as a candle.
    2. Eat the Tuna
    3. Use the can for other uses

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Duece View Post
    5" vise grip. I have used it for everything from cooking to throttle linkage. It has saved my bacon more times than I can count.
    Good one. I used vise grips as a hand throttle on my 70 Scout. Used that way for about a year until i traded it in. The car salesman tried to reject it as a trade but i prevailed.

Plastic 2 liter bottles to make a Minnow trap.

I like those Blue 55 gallon trash bags. Emergency shelter in moments.

Hello all, I am new here.

serious crap
    everytime I click on your link, I get redirected to Laptops I would never buy
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    serious crap
    What??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    serious crap
    What the heck are you talking about - what link?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel