Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 473

Thread: Multi-use items!

  1. #441

    Default Thread Compilation

    Attached is a compilation of this thread I have attempted. It is so long, I am attaching it as 2 txt files. Since I am new to the Forum and missed most of the original posts, I added a few suggestions and comments of my own along the way.

    Multi-Use Items Thread Part 1.txt
    Multi-Use Items Thread Part 2.txt


  2. #442
    Senior Member hunter63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE/SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Sam View Post
    Attached is a compilation of this thread I have attempted. It is so long, I am attaching it as 2 txt files. Since I am new to the Forum and missed most of the original posts, I added a few suggestions and comments of my own along the way.

    Multi-Use Items Thread Part 1.txt
    Multi-Use Items Thread Part 2.txt
    Aw man...you gonna make us look thru all those files to see what you added?.....Pay back is a bee-ytch...LOL

    Anyway, your soap box was a good summery....you might want to post that for the lazy people.

    Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by hunter63; 05-13-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

  3. #443
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    56,178

    Default

    I think you did an outstanding job summarizing the thread. I had to give you some rep for that.

  4. #444

    Default Multi use

    It won't be as interesting just looking at the list though...
    reading all thew posts is half the fun

  5. #445
    Member Lil K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    So how do you like this tool?....
    Have seen them around, but have been afraid to spend any money on something that may or may not be the best tool for the job.
    Sorry for the late reply.

    It is quite nice to be honest, and it is a good size, too. Not too big, not too small and it all fits into 1 pouch. The tool uses a bolt and pin system, with a larger piece to tighten it down the specific tool. It's made by Rothco if you are familiar with the name. I believe it's about $15-20 depending on where you buy it. As for the tool itself, I've heard that Rothco can make some cheap stuff, but this tool has a good rep and is said to be very sturdy and durable over time.

    Amazon link if you wanna look: http://www.amazon.com/Military-Style.../dp/B000PVV5RG
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

  6. #446
    Senior Member hunter63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE/SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil K View Post
    Sorry for the late reply.

    It is quite nice to be honest, and it is a good size, too. Not too big, not too small and it all fits into 1 pouch. The tool uses a bolt and pin system, with a larger piece to tighten it down the specific tool. It's made by Rothco if you are familiar with the name. I believe it's about $15-20 depending on where you buy it. As for the tool itself, I've heard that Rothco can make some cheap stuff, but this tool has a good rep and is said to be very sturdy and durable over time.

    Amazon link if you wanna look: http://www.amazon.com/Military-Style.../dp/B000PVV5RG
    Thanks for the link.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

  7. #447

    Default

    Does that multi tool have a hollow handle? I may get one just because of that reason.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

  8. #448
    Member Lil K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Does that multi tool have a hollow handle? I may get one just because of that reason.
    Indeed it does!
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

  9. #449
    Senior Member hunter63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE/SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Does that multi tool have a hollow handle? I may get one just because of that reason.
    That way you can leave contact information in the handle to identify your remains when you RWTTW......LOL
    Bazinga........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

  10. #450
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Upper midwest
    Posts
    4

    Default

    5" vise grip. I have used it for everything from cooking to throttle linkage. It has saved my bacon more times than I can count.

  11. #451

    Default

    good thing to know all this cause you might need these skills one day when it REALLY counts not just on
    some weekend camping outing where at days end you go home to that soft bed and warm house.

  12. #452
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    442

    Default

    I don't know if it was already posted or not, but I say a chisel. I keep one to three of them of various sizes in my daypack. That way I can split firewood, take fatwood and such out or off of trees, and many other tasks that may hurt a good quality knife.

  13. #453

    Default

    Canned TUNA in Olive oil. 3 uses.

    1. Poke a hole in the top, stick in a string wick and use it as a candle.
    2. Eat the Tuna
    3. Use the can for other uses

  14. #454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Duece View Post
    5" vise grip. I have used it for everything from cooking to throttle linkage. It has saved my bacon more times than I can count.
    Good one. I used vise grips as a hand throttle on my 70 Scout. Used that way for about a year until i traded it in. The car salesman tried to reject it as a trade but i prevailed.

  15. #455

    Default

    Plastic 2 liter bottles to make a Minnow trap.

  16. #456

    Default

    I like those Blue 55 gallon trash bags. Emergency shelter in moments.

  17. #457

    Default

    Hello all, I am new here.

  18. #458
    Senior Member Wise Old Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Paoli, PA
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    serious crap
    everytime I click on your link, I get redirected to Laptops I would never buy
    "Never work against mother nature"--Caesar Milan.

  19. #459
    Senior Member hunter63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE/SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    serious crap
    everytime I click on your link, I get redirected to Laptops I would never buy
    What??????????
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

  20. #460
    Super Moderator crashdive123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    43,059
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    serious crap
    everytime I click on your link, I get redirected to Laptops I would never buy
    What the heck are you talking about - what link?
    Can't Means Won't

    My Youtube Channel

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •