Thread: For the Newbies...again!

Blog Entries

Cool For the Newbies...again!

Every so often one of us posts guide lines on how to become a "well-respected" member of this community, guess it's my turn...again! Here goes:

1st, post a decent intro! Spammers & Trolls do NOT post intros so to keep from being suspected of being one of them go thee hence: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=7813
    For the record, many of us here had never had the opportunity to post an intro based on these guidelines as it wasn't around back then; so we re-did our intros to make up for that.

2nd, & this is very important, please refrain from coming off like a self-proclaimed survival expert. You'll only come off as a "Numpty," instead of a respected Survival authority. We don't care how many books you've read, videos you've seen, how much internet info you've gotten, or how many episodes of "Man vs. Wild" you have under your belt. WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED!

3rd, & equally as important, do not refer to the term Surviving" as a game, subject, or the latest extreme sport; IT"S NOT! Survival is not a seperate subject that you list with "camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc.." It's an extension of those things. When things go South you want to survive. One "Newby/Numpty" put in his bio: "I love surviving." That is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. It's a "no-brainer;" unless you have a death wish of course you love surviving...if you don't survive you die...DUH!

4th, flaming a Mod is the same thing as hitting a cop; DON'T DO IT! You won't survive this forum!

Any questions? (Newbies only please; thanks.)
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Sarge, Could you define "Numpty" for this newby?
    I've seen it used a lot but I not sure of it's meaning.
    Thanks
    Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.

Here you go. Defining a numpty...

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ghlight=numpty
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
    Sarge, Could you define "Numpty" for this newby?
    I've seen it used a lot but I not sure of it's meaning.
    Thanks
    It's a term our UK friend brought us. Stands for idiot.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks Crash!
    That's a new one for me.

Oops. Looks like Rick and I posted about the same time.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

See, Newby lesson # 1
    If you ask a question without searching first, you will undoubtedly find that someone has already asked the question, and been answered before you.
    Thus, making you feel like a Numpty.

Sorry for the interruption. I'll be quiet now.

Blog Entries

One thing I wanna add though (if thats okay), I dont mind anyones name, but coming on here and telling the people here, the ones that know what they are talking about, how you are change the world of survival with your all knowing mind blowing expert advise is wrong, so in the future do us a favor (or just follow the rules) and go to the introductions section, and say hello and who you are, where your from, what your outdoor skill level is, what you want to gain here, give us at least a bit of info. I learn on here everytime I'm here, from the regulars and from the new people. But I won't sit here and read about how great you are, have you rag and dump on my friends. Besides I am the only great one on here and we all know that.
    LMAO!!!!

Beo,
    Last edited by Beo; 02-19-2010 at 10:49 AM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    ...........[/B] Besides I am the only great one on here and we all know that.
    LMAO!!!!

Beo,
    He's the modest one in the family.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Banned

My Definition of an "EXPERT"

An "EX" is something that once was, And A "spurt" is just a Drip under pressure ,,