Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug out vehicle

Default Bug out vehicle

How about it all? Do you have a primary vehicle\ rig set up for your great bug out? If so what is it and why?
    I've got my F-250 super-duty with a my 25 ft (old) tag along to get me down the road if I decide to roll out. It's equipped with the basics for 4 of us to make it for a couple of weeks, or until I get to my "retreat".
    But if all else fails LPC's and buttpacks are on the agenda.

IMHO if it is major SHTF the best BOV may be to HOOF it.
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Packs ready, extra gas, just need to grab firearms and I am off on my Honda Rincon. I can be deep in the hills & hollows from my back yard in minutes. Place planned to hide the Rincon in the middle of nowhere, then a little walk and I am all set. I also have alternate plans of course.

Have I mentioned my canoe and cart that hooks to my bicycle
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Default clever clever HOP

Neither or which requires...gasoline! Good choices HOP
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Canoe and if'n I gotta drive then my neighbors HUMMER when I take it
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Sure wish I had a neighbor with a Hummer. Never tried a bicycle thru the woods & brush or a canoe either but to each his own "said the farmer as he kissed his pig" I will do my thing. I will never see 60 again but I sure can learn if someone has a better idea.

Blog Entries

Trail trekking bro, hike the canoe thru the woods using a trail. And the closest river to me is about 100 yards from the house... soooo. Yeah trail trekk. And the neighbor works for GM so he gets a great deal... till the shtf and I take it from him.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Now "borrowing" the Hummer I can understand, just convince him he should keep a full tank for "emergencies". Don't think I could backpack a canoe. I live between two lakes but I guess I will get water transportation like you will get a Hummer. Just be sneaky.

Blog Entries

Sneak'n and snoop'n are great traits in shtf survival situation and sometimes just for shi*s and giggles. Actually I'd be "aquiring" the HUMMER and would return it when... ... ever

A quad with a canoe rack and small trailer to get my family and gear to one of our selected sites depending on the reason for the relocation.
    To thyne self be true

A plan would be rde bike to water put bike and selk in canoe and padle some where stash bike and canoe if you have to and but if you are careful you can cover a lot distance maybe set up on a small island .
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

A small 6hp motor to go with the freighter canoe, minimal gas maximun distance.
    2 plastic barrels anchored to the quads side floats it good
    To thyne self be true

Chevy truck and a 26 foot camper for a long distance bug out , and a Toyota truck set up for off road and always loaded down with survival gear and and spare parts for the quick bug out . Backpack in closet for the on foot bug out.

A big bag of popcorn, warm fuzzy slippers, a big blanket, a couple of good books and lots of ammunition for my rifles...digging in as opposed to bugging out.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    A big bag of popcorn, warm fuzzy slippers, a big blanket, a couple of good books and lots of ammunition for my rifles...digging in as opposed to bugging out.
    Add a nice big cup of hot chocolate,and a nice warm fire in the fireplace and your all set!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Add a nice big cup of hot chocolate,and a nice warm fire in the fireplace and your all set!
    Actually, I could think of one other criterion, but I'll just shut the **** up now, don't want to cause any blushing.

Now what could you say that would cause anyone on here to blush?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Unhappy

I had a full conversion Ford E-350 diesel (bio diesel,) 4x4, van. 6" lift, 38x16 Dick Cepek tires, Road Armor frt. bumper & brush guard w/a 12,000# hydraulic MileMarker winch & 8 off-road lights, custom made 1/4" plate steel rear bumper w/ built-in waterproof storage compartments & a 12,000# hydraulic MileMarker winch & 2 - 80 watt back-up lights.

It was set-up with all the amenities needed to fully live in.

1.) Double bed (full length)
    2.) 3000 watt power inverter
    3.) Propane RV refrig. (mounted in the back under the bed.) W/50# propane tank (mounted underneath)
    4.) Portable outside hot water shower
    5.) 20" LCD TV w/ DVD player
    6.) A VMAC 12 volt belt driven air compressor w/5 gal. air tank
    7.) 2 quick connect ports for air hose (Frt. & Rr.)
    8.) Dual H.O. Optima yellow top batteries
    9.) 2 - 20 qt. waterproof food storage boxes

Plus upper storage bins for clothing, blankets, etc. And much more.

I sold it when I moved into the back country full time.
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

I've got a wrangler, an extensive survival kit, lots of guns, and a place to go.