Thread: How much would you pay for this?

Smile How much would you pay for this?

I'm considering buying a new carving knife, I found what I think is a good one, not for game, but for carving only, here are the details:

Natural birch handle attached firmly to the full length tang. The core of the blade is of high carbon steel hardened to rc61 surrounded by a softer alloyed steel layer, this results in a knife blade with superior toughness, cutting edge retention and maximum sharpness.

This is what it looks like, I like the handle.. its better than a normal Mora stained or rubber handle in my opinion, and the blade is good for carving methods. Here's a picture of it:

http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?i...carvingbw3.png

Please reply telling me what you think and how much you would pay for that knife please. Thanks
    Last edited by Bladesypher; 11-21-2007 at 11:55 AM.

$9.99 from Smoky Mountain Knife Works. It would make a fine carving knife.

Bladesypher I have one and I like it very much it has laminated steel and get very sharp I wear mine like a neck knife and have thined the handle down in the midle I gave less than 10 bucks at rageweed forge.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Helli good knifes $20.oo

Default Edit

Edit: Well.. I changed my mind, I found one I prefer, but I already placed the bid, so if anyone wants to outbid my £5.00 then please go here, it would be much appreciated: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FROST-No106-LA...QQcmdZViewItem

That's a good knife, the most recent bid I saw was 4 pounds 20, don't know what that is in dollars but hey...enjoy, it's a good knife (am I echoing?)
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    That's a good knife, the most recent bid I saw was 4 pounds 20, don't know what that is in dollars but hey...enjoy, it's a good knife (am I echoing?)
    Yeah, thats my bid, but I dont want the knife anymore So trax, if you like it why dont you outbid me? and £4.20 is about $8.50 in dollars.

Well if you do get 'stuck' with it, it'll be a great candidate for the next pass-around-knife.
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesypher View Post
    Yeah, thats my bid, but I dont want the knife anymore So trax, if you like it why dont you outbid me? and £4.20 is about $8.50 in dollars.

I already have good knives, but thanks.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

I got a hand made patch knife we can pass around if'n ya'll want. Or Bladesypher if ya need one let me know I can usually make one in about week 1/2 and send it to ya.
    Let me know.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    4 inch blade. Working on making one of them fancy file knives this weekend.
    Last edited by Beo; 11-21-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I like Benchmade folders and Ontario fixed blades