Thread: Lures and bait

Default Lures and bait

I keep a fair mix of basic lures in my tackle box and with my bob set but here's a simple, lightweight, and inexpensive add in some of you might not have thought about...Tinsel. Take a half dozen strands of the shiny silver tinsel we throw out with our Xmas trees each year, (cut these in half) fold it in half, and with a piece of thread, tie it to a hook with a few small shot weights on the line just above the hook (you'll wind up with 24 danglin' strands about 3-4 inches long below your hook). just like using a spoon lure the flash will get the attention of fish. If you wait till just after the holidays you can buy the stuff for pennies on the dollar, it weighs next to nothing and takes up no space.

D.O.M.
    Last edited by Durtyoleman; 02-08-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention cutting in half first.

Ah - a new idea (for me at least). Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, Ditto. Thanks. I suppose, along the same lines, would be aluminum foil. Most of us keep AF in our kits.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Great Idea , never knew that wouldn't have even thought about that. Thanks for the Tip.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Now that's using your head, for something other than a hat rack! LOL

Great idea!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

If you're near Indy, you could catch 180+ lbs of "minister of science" meat, with some tinsel and a Twinkie! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

learning to survive

Default Good one.

sweet idea I will have to try that one this spring.
    The anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

Better use something a bit heavier than 20lb test. You might want to go 30lb with a 60lb leader. Twinkies are a bit heavy.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yeah, Ditto. Thanks. I suppose, along the same lines, would be aluminum foil. Most of us keep AF in our kits.
    Gonna have to try aluminum foil now on my next fishin' trip. I almost always bring multiple poles so I can fish both lures and bait at the same time, and I enjoy experimenting to see what will work.

D.O.M.