Thread: Just FYI

Default Just FYI

Call me naive, but I was surprised.
    Last edited by BENESSE; 07-05-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Hey Naive,

May be true......May be not.....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/congress.asp
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Naive, it must be true, I saw it on the interweb...............
    Last edited by hunter63; 02-04-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: splin'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hey Naive,

Hope it isn't...don't think I can be any more disenchanted.
    I've reached my saturation point with Edwards. (not that I was ever enchanted)

Hey Naive,

I went to Snopes, to see if the following email is true, but I couldn't find anything on it.

Subject: Snopes.com - Trustworthy ?!?

http://www.meetup.com/VFP-TeaParty09...sages/8823599/
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Yet again I remind myself to take everything with a grain of salt no matter how plausible it sounds.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was true. I mean they are just people like us. No one is perfect and I'm sure that if you look at any certain group of people you will find issues like this. Look at the U.S Military. I would hate to try and add up all the crap Soldiers, Sailors, Arimen and Marines do in a year.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if it was true. I mean they are just people like us. No one is perfect and I'm sure that if you look at any certain group of people you will find issues like this.
    This group is different.
    I expect more from elected officials and criminal behavior is THE reason not to elect them and THE reason to dismiss them once in office. To me that's a non negotiable issue.

Unfortunately immoral behavior has become accepted and excused under the guise of "no one's perfect". I'd like to believe, at the risk of setting the bar too high, that there's a place between perfection and immorality. It's where decent people live and always have.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Yet again I remind myself to take everything with a grain of salt no matter how plausible it sounds.
    The very sad part is that it does (or did) seem plausible to so many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    This group is different.
    I expect more from elected officials and criminal behavior is THE reason not to elect them and THE reason to dismiss them once in office. To me that's a non negotiable issue.

Unfortunately immoral behavior has become accepted and excused under the guise of "no one's perfect". I'd like to believe, at the risk of setting the bar too high, that there's a place between perfection and immorality. It's where decent people live and always have.
    I agree but I find it is better to accept the facts. Fact is it will never change. No matter how they may have been before they got there, they will change into something we dislike. It will happen no matter what. Even if you and I both hate it and demand better it will still happen. So to me voting will not fix it either. In order to get in those positions and hold them they must do things that to us seem immorale or just plain wrong. It's sad that it is that way but that's how it is.

Beneese, you are not naive but I am begining to believe that Doug is! And you are right, Fisrt as they are in a position of great power, they should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. As should judges, and law enforcement.
    Doug, Those morons are bringing in 6 figures, and they can't balance a checkbook????!!!!! And people wonder how they put the country so far in debt.
    I know what hunts you.

I'm in Doug's corner. If you ask me, folks vote for the best looking candidate and the one that's the best actor. If they play well on TV then that's my boy/girl. The only thing that will change their mind is if they find out their candidate has committed some felony. Misdemeanors can be overlooked.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The only thing that will change their mind is if they find out their candidate has committed some felony. Misdemeanors can be overlooked.
    and even then they only have to keep clean the year they are up for re-election. I think that it is kind of par for the course, anyone who wants the kind of power that congress can bring you already has a problem IMO. I wish the guys and gals quietly running their family business' could sit in the drivers seat of the country.

I really do believe that. I think Edwards would have easily won if "they" hadn't leaked the story of the "Love Child" oh, and that Voodoo thing....and the drinking of bat blood...or the.......

Is talking about beautiful people the same as politics?

I think it's naive to believe that these people who are elected have our needs and wants on the mind all the time and not their own. It's all a "dog and pony" show. They will say whatever they have to in order to get where they want to be. Where do you think the term "politically correct" comes from?

I'm in Doug's corner. If you ask me, folks vote for the best looking candidate and the one that's the best actor. If they play well on TV then that's my boy/girl. The only thing that will change their mind is if they find out their candidate has committed some felony. Misdemeanors can be overlooked.
    Well then we as a people are too stupid to even vote, what's the point? Let them just elect themselves.
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Well then we as a people are too stupid to even vote, what's the point? Let them just elect themselves.
    I prefer to think let them just bury themselves.
    If we don't vote, they win. If we vote, at least there's a chance. Just like the lottery--a vote and a dream.

Sarky as frustrating as it is, it's still the best system around given our size, history and diversity. It's just that in order for someone to win someone else has to loose. The system ultimately self-corrects (it's already started with Scott Brown) as it has time and time again.
    I still like it here and wouldn't trade with anyone.