Thread: Scrap yard knives

Blog Entries

Default Scrap yard knives

Any one have first hand experience with Scrap yard knives? I recently broke my hard use knife so I'm looking for a new one. I noticed on Knifetest.com that Scrap yards "Scrapper 6" received one of their highest ratings. But that only tells me they are a tough knife. I want to know if anyone has one and uses it and how well it preforms for every day use.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

I know that Tonester has some, and that Gray Wolf had some very good things to say about them in the past.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Scrap yard knives are some of the best blades out there especially for the money. not only is the steel they use some of the best but their heat treat is amazing. their warranty is great too...you break the knife, they send you a new one.

one of the down sides is buying one. you can wait for up to 6 months to receive a knife strait from Scrap Yard or pay a higher amount on the second hand market. but the wait is really worth it. Scrap Yard is actually getting ready to release their newest knife any time now. its called the Regulator, its a beast. check out their site and forum: http://scrapyardknives.com

hope this helps!
    how dare i call this love and not bare my cross

Bear Clan

Blog Entries

Thanks Tonester. I'll check out the new knife. I like the looks of the Scrapper 6. I may go ahead and order it.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

no prob klkak. right now the only way you can get a scrapper 6 is second hand market on ebay or some other knife forums. scrap yard only sells one knife at a time for about a month, then thats it, until they decide to release it again. the last time they sold the scrapper 6 was over a year ago. just keep an eye out on ebay, some good deals come up some times. there might even be one up for sale right now.

Bear Clan

Blog Entries

Cool Correct me if I'm wrong...

I may be wrong, but I thought the folks at "Scrap Yard" use to work for "Busse." Anyway, the knives that they're showing right now are very reasonably priced, IMO.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

yup thats correct. the owners of Scrap Yard and Busse are actually brothers. one of the reasons Scrap Yard has limited runs on their knives is because they get the scrap metal from Busse. thats what i love about Scrap Yard, youre getting a knife with the same exact material that Busse uses but for half the price. cant go wrong.

Bear Clan