Thread: Seed shortage predicted

Default Seed shortage predicted

There is a seed shortage predicted because of the poor growing season last year in addition to increased sales to Europe. This article suggests buying now if you haven't already done so.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100201/...RzdW1tZXJtb3I-
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Blog Entries

Maybe I'm being a bit simple, but wouldn't it have been better for those companies to keep back the seeds they did harvest for the home market, before selling overseas? Surely they have a prediction of demand for their own seeds.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Maybe I'm being a bit simple, but wouldn't it have been better for those companies to keep back the seeds they did harvest for the home market, before selling overseas? Surely they have a prediction of demand for their own seeds.
    Just a thought. With limited "production" and the naturally occuring shortages that follow - demand up - prices up - profits up. Probably something like that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

I just think it odd they won't be servicing the home market first, Crash. Like I said, maybe I'm a bit simple!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I guess I just look at it from a business aspect. The demand due to weather has increased over seas. In today's economy, most business is just happy to have a buyer, regardless of where they are.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Ah yes, I was being simple. I was looking at it logically not economically!

I had a heck of a time finding yellow romano pole beans. Got em from T&M so I took a little bit back from Europe for ya.