Thread: Homemade electronic predator call

Default Homemade electronic predator call

I figured that I would do a quick and dirty rundown on what I have done for a call, and a little bit of my set-up.

I put this together from pieces parts that I had around the house. I had one similar to it in Nevada that worked well, and called in many coyotes.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    It consists of, an MP3 player with calls that I have had recorded on my harddrive for years. An old PA speaker off of an old truck I had. A set of battery powered amplified speakers, of which I am only using the master. The slave for the set is the PA speaker.
    These seem to work well, and are fairly loud.

Here it is packed in an old case that I had, with an old waterproof bag to help hid it and keep everything dry when set-up.

Here are a couple of pics of it set-up and in use.

Everything packs well into an old alice pack. I also have my homemade blind, seat, and a few other goodies packed in as well. Also my old .243 Handi-Rifle

Here is a pic of my distraction. Just a feather tied to an old arrow with a swivel attached.

Most all of this was stuff that I have had around, so the cost of the set-up is pretty much nill. It should work well, once I get back into an area where they are active. A similar set-up worked very well for me in Nevada, but the concentration of coyotes per square mile was much denser.
    Last edited by aflineman; 01-29-2010 at 11:00 AM.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

I missed this! Great post.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

I did something like this years back before mp3's. I used just an old tape recorder and some speakers that my son had laying around. Worked pretty good. Shot several fox and and few coyotes over that makeshift rig. Same idea as your's. Your just some more high tech .:>) Hope you enjoy your rig as much as I did mine.

oldtrap
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.