Thread: A good soource for tools.

Over Taxed Under Paid Swamprat1958's Avatar

Default A good soource for tools.

I am not a yard sale type person. I hate helping my wife do a yard sale and never go to one. However, a couple of weeks ago I stopped by an estate sale and went nuts. I left with several good files, cold chisels, hammers, pliers, screw drivers and some fishing tackle. They had an old Plumb axe that I looked at and while my son asked me a question someone sniped it, never put something down at one of these sales if you think you want it! I would encourage you to keep an eye out for estate sales, you might be surprised at what you can find.

Swamprat walks warily down the street with the brim pulled way down low
    Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, yard sale ads ready to go
    Are you ready? Hey, are you ready for this?
    Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
    Out of the doorway the bidding starts to the sound of the beat, Yeah
    Another one bites the dust
    And another one gone
    And another one gone
    Hey, yard sales will get you too
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

LOL, I try real hard to stay away.......But I know I won't.
    If you do partake in this addiction it helps to try to specialize on something or other, that way it give your self an "out" to walk away.

I spent a lot of years, searching for Rendezvous gear: useful antiques, old trunks, tools, muzzle-loader kits that were never finished etc.

Some day when y'all are older I'll tell the story of the "Griz hide and the Jewelry business".
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

My wife is always going to yard sales. We have a standing agreement. Anything that says DeWalt and is under $10, she picks it up. Now when or if I go, I am a bit more discriminating. But our agreement has lead to some spectacular buys (worm saw, $2.50, sawzall $5.00), only been burnt once (a corded circular saw with a cut off cord that the "seller" said was battery operated), so I guess we are ahead of the game. Can never, ever have too many tools is my saying.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Every summer this area is ovewhelmed with estate sales and farm auction sales, you can track me by the drool trail from one to the next. Lots of really awesome deals on antique tools too, which I have a real weakness for since my (and my brothers') tool inheritance was ripped off when my Dad passed away.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"