Thread: Attack Geese/Ringneck Pheasant/Killer Peacocks

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Attack Geese/Ringneck Pheasant/Killer Peacocks

Woooopie.....The "Murray McMurray Hatchery" catalog arrived today. I need to get the order in for March 15'th shipping. Looks like Swans at $2,250 plus $400.00 shipping per pair, well that ain't happening.

Anyone have any experience with Peafowl.....? What is that huge bird...Emu. Cross breed them puppies with Attack Geese, that should keep the trespassers out......

Why would someone buy a swan? To raise for meat when ducks or geese are just too pedestrian?

On an unrelated note, when I was maybe 13 I caught a swan by the neck... briefly, it was way stronger than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Why would someone buy a swan? To raise for meat when ducks or geese are just too pedestrian?

On an unrelated note, when I was maybe 13 I caught a swan by the neck... briefly, it was way stronger than I thought it would be.

That would be the best video ever.
    Ken has helped me out so much with legal stuff, I need to keep track of it so I can pay him back. I will be placing a 'score card' in my sig as a reminder.

DEBT:

Repaid:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Peafowl.....?
    Yes. They're nasty, evil, taste like carp(the poo not the fish) go feral at the drop of a hat and make the most unholy racket ALL DAY AND NIGHT! I know, we have a flock of ferals in the woods about a mile away and they could be in my back yard for all the noise they make. Add to that in the breeding season the males will have anything that goes near them, and they will fly at you, going for the face..... thinking about it, they might be just what you need.

Get yourself some Guinea Fowl. Great foragers, good burglar alarms and soooo tasty!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Yes. They're nasty, evil, taste like carp(the poo not the fish) go feral at the drop of a hat and make the most unholy racket ALL DAY AND NIGHT! I know, we have a flock of ferals in the woods about a mile away and they could be in my back yard for all the noise they make. Add to that in the breeding season the males will have anything that goes near them, and they will fly at you, going for the face..... thinking about it, they might be just what you need.

Get yourself some Guinea Fowl. Great foragers, good burglar alarms and soooo tasty!

I still like the idea of Emu crossed with Bengal Tiger, with just a touch of jilted girlfriend at the wrong time of the month.....

Blog Entries

Well good luck trying to feed and water them!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.