Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pics From Around My Homestead. . . .

ND, Is that a window on the peak of the TP?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Nativedude View Post
    You know Trax, I really appreciate your offer. You really lookout for the other members on the forums. But since when did you turn into a 5'6" - 5'9" Blonde woman whom wants to live in the remote wilderness? :lol: I will however add you to the long list of people whom want me to bequeath my homestead. . . .Will that work?
    I dunno, will it get me that homestead?

oh yeah, and is 6'3" ok?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Go ahead and put me on the list, too. I'm taller than 5' 4" but I will wear a blond wig if it gets me that property. Did I mention my thong?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah, show him the thong Rick (in a PM, please) that oughta up my chances of getting the place.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Maybe not. He's been out there a long time, you know.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

...eewwwww.....

Yeah - if'n he likes it, that might be good to know before any others venture out there.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Are y'all tryin' to burn my retinas?????

I know there are those that would love to have my place, but burning out my retinas with thong pictures ain't gonna do it. I can find my way around blind or blindfolded!

And, I may have been out here a long time, but a blonde wig ain't gonna do it either! Y'all are just a bunch of posers I tell ya!

Caution: Be VERY AFRAID!!!! It makes me wonder about Trax tagline under his name. "Somewhere behind you in the dark"

Yes Hunter, it is a window flap in the top of the tipi.
    Last edited by Nativedude; 02-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Thong. Blond wig. Well, there's two off the list. Shame too, 'cause that thong shows off my best asset.

ND, tell me that is dosen't have a screen.............
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Thong. Blond wig. Well, there's two off the list. Shame too, 'cause that thong shows off my best ***et.
    Good to know!

I,,,,,,, It makes me wonder about Trax tagline under his name. "Somewhere behind you in the dark" ....

Oh you're safe (for now)

Nice pics Nativedude and you mention a cabin so it would also be great to see at least one pic of your cabin.

No matter how fancy or crude looking it may be I am sure it is better than my underground cabin/bunker as I have shown in a pic thread that is still around somewhere. And here is one pic of my bunker showing the rock wall on the left, plywood covered window, camo shed on right, concrete & log roof and stovepipe with a dead tree on top for camo >

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

And here is the link to the pic thread of my mtn retreat just in case some have not seen it yet >

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=9812

Always nice to see pics of what people do regarding survival, camping or even their lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Oh you're safe (for now)
    Ndude, I'd still keep my ears open.
    Last edited by BENESSE; 07-05-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Default I'm going to build an earth shelter. . . .

hunter63 wrote: "ND, tell me that is dosen't have a screen............."
    No Hunter, no screen. Kind of like a moon roof.

BENESSE wrote: "Ndude, I'd still keep my ears open."
    Oh I intend to keep my ears and eyes open. . .WIDE OPEN!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've decided that this summer, I'm going to build an earth shelter.

I have 2 options and not yet sure which one I'll do.

Option 1: Is to build into the side of a hill where there's a vacant bear den which gives me a great head start. The den is a former winter haunt of a 500# sow grizzly and her 2 - 200# cubs. It is as big as an average size living room.

Option 2: Is to put a log front on a nearby cave that I stay in sometimes (just for the fun of it). The cave is good, except for the fact that there is no way to get natural light inside but from the front opening (the cave faces south). No other way to use passive solar for lighting.

I'm considering using the cave as a cache for my supplies (it's not too far from where the old bear den is located). I won't start until mid to late June on building. Once I have the earth shelter completed, I am going to dis-assemble the cabin and use it for firewood.
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Could you reconstruct the cabin onto the front of the earth shelter? Or keep the cabin for storage? I don't how far the two are from each other.

I've decided that this summer, I'm going to build an earth shelter.

I have 2 options and not yet sure which one I'll do.

Option 1: Is to build into the side of a hill where there's a vacant bear den which gives me a great head start. The den is a former winter haunt of a 500# sow grizzly and her 2 - 200# cubs. It is as big as an average size living room.

Option 2: Is to put a log front on a nearby cave that I stay in sometimes (just for the fun of it). The cave is good, except for the fact that there is no way to get natural light inside but from the front opening (the cave faces south). No other way to use passive solar for lighting.

I'm considering using the cave as a cache for my supplies (it's not too far from where the old bear den is located). I won't start until mid to late June on building. Once I have the earth shelter completed, I am going to dis-assemble the cabin and use it for firewood.
    I would go with Option 1 mainly because that is what I did, although I didn't have a bear to do most of my digging. But I suppose the grizz won't come back to take over your digs once you build a nice earth cabin?

And with digging into a hillside you can dig further in and expand whenever you feel like it. With a cave probably would be much harder if not impossible if that cave is solid rock.

If you take some pics during your building process and post them would be nice and maybe help and inspire some others to do something similar someday.

Question Could you reconstruct the cabin onto the front of the earth shelter?

Rick wrote: "Could you reconstruct the cabin onto the front of the earth shelter? Or keep the cabin for storage? I don't how far the two are from each other."
    I am going to continue to live in my cabin while I build my new digs (pun intended ). And I don't want to keep the cabin nor use it for a cache. It's time for a change. The cave is a perfect spot for my cache. I will use some of my cabin logs for the front of the cave (to keep critters out).

I've been thinking about doing this for the last 2 years. This winter I decided this summer is the time to do it!

I have some logs already cut. They've been drying for the last 2 years, so now they're ready to use.

I am going to re-use the rocks from my current fireplace for my new earth shelter fireplace.

Mtnman Mike wrote: "I would go with Option 1 mainly because that is what I did, although I didn't have a bear to do most of my digging. But I suppose the grizz won't come back to take over your digs once you build a nice earth cabin?

And with digging into a hillside you can dig further in and expand whenever you feel like it. With a cave probably would be much harder if not impossible if that cave is solid rock."
    The cave is solid rock, no digging there. I do have to dig the old den out to make deep enough for me to stand up in. It is about 4' now, so I have about 3' of digging to do, and I am going to dig about another 5 or 6 foot back to make it a little roomier. I have decided that I will use the timber from my current cabin for shoring/partitions in the earth shelter.

Nativedude - I'd love to see pictures of your cabin and how you have it set up. Your drying racks, home made fridge, etc. Since you're a over 200 miles away from others security shouldn't be a concern. I think we could all learn a lot seeing how you have things set up. You know - that picture / thousand word thing. Thanks in advance for posting them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

My house is pretty small. My living room is 13' x 17'. I wanna see pic's of a bear den that is the size of a living room.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!