Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuna and Rice?

LOWEST MERCURY

Enjoy two 6-oz servings per week

Catfish
    Crawfish/crayfish

Mmmmmm Mmmmmmmm....now dats good eatin'!!!

Thanks Batch.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Batch, this must be evil propaganda started by the tune industry.

Yep...I bet it was the "tune" industry.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Yep...I bet it was the "tune" industry.

One little typo and you just gotta' jump all over it, huh, 2dumb? Ain't there any traffic in front of you house that you can play in?
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

One little typo and you just gotta' jump all over it, huh, 2dumb? Ain't there any traffic in front of you house that you can play in?
    Hey, you tried to give me grief, about "Byte", and I had spelled it correctly.
    Just think of it as "quid pro quo".
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Y'all can have my tuna, after years of tuna salad, tuna casserole, tuna this, tuna that, I'll pass.
    DW only makes it when I away.

They were talking about mercury in fish yesterday on one of the Dr. shows, and makes sense that older, bigger fish, have more mercury accumulation.
    Still boils down to how much you eat.

Make mine lobster, crab, crawdads, fresh fish etc.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Besides, I get my lobsters from Mass/Rhode Island waters, so, TECHNICALLY, they're NOT Maine lobsters.
    Oh, I see. Well, its good that your being cautious.

Growing up in the Everglades region we are always under some kind of Mercury watch or another. Its weird though one year we can't sell the meat from our gators cause its too toxic. The next year we are good.

"The sale of meat from alligators taken from the Holey Land WMA and the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA harvest units is prohibited. If the meat is not discarded, meat packages must be permanently and visibly labeled "NOT FOR SALE, Recommend: NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION."

We usually just mark them tail tenderloin, jowl, leg, ribs, etc.

Its like they are saying a half of shot of whiskey is safe for human consumption. But, a drop more will kill you deader than a door knob!

I guess its how you look at it either optimistically or pessimistically. Well, for me if the glass is half empty I'll just hold the bottom of the bottle up till that situation is rectified...

Please send all excess whiskey to me for immediate disposal. Thank you.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hunter63,

Most of the tuna I eat is fresh as it can get. I get it to a hot skillet within a few hours of its getting hooked. Sometimes it don't all make it to the skillet. Roll the edges like it was a wheel in the pan and then 30 seconds a side at most! Add just a splash of soy sauce to my wassabi and thats good eating right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Please send all excess whiskey to me for immediate disposal. Thank you.
    Excess whiskey is kind of like when I used to smoke and some one would ask if I had an extra cigarette. I would say, "Nope, they only gave me 20 in this pack."

But, I'll look in the bottom of the bottle and see if there is any excess in there.

Postage paid, please.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    Hunter63,

Most of the tuna I eat is fresh as it can get. I get it to a hot skillet within a few hours of its getting hooked. Sometimes it don't all make it to the skillet. Roll the edges like it was a wheel in the pan and then 30 seconds a side at most! Add just a splash of soy sauce to my wassabi and thats good eating right there.
    LOL, hahahahaha, you ain't sucking me into that.

See, when you get to be over 50, (better known as the 50 years old rule) you can eat what you want, and not eat what you want.

So thank you very much for the tip, I will have to pass.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Postage paid, please.
    Rick, I don't which of those you wanted. The fresh tuna or the whiskey. But, as both have been linked to bad health by the Gov. I have disposed of that toxic stuff in such a way that we need not fear anyone else accidentally consuming them.

I did this for you Rick. It's like I saved your life only different...

According to Reader's Digest "Eat Better, Live Better",there i absolutly no vitamin C in rice or tuna.
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch
    I don't which of those you wanted. The fresh tuna or the whiskey.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch
    I have disposed of that toxic stuff in such a way that we need not fear anyone else accidentally consuming them.
    Foul! As Minister of Science it's my duty to ENSURE all Free Traxistan is protected from illegal dumping of "stuff".

The other option your brother can employ is to eat rice and tuna. That would add some variety.

The other option your brother can employ is to eat rice and tuna. That would add some variety.
    Now that right there is brilliant!

BRILLIANT indeed!
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trabitha View Post
    ...isn't too much tuna bad? ..... before your body starts having issues with Mercury?
    Part 1: I would like to speak on behalf of the tuna of the world and say emphatically yes (they, {the tuna,} would like to recommend you try dolphin once in awhile...just their suggestion)

Part 2: Planetary alignment questions (issues with Mercury) should be addressed to the 2012 thread.

I have to add that I'm just a wee bit disappointed in my Minister of Science for not catching that one. I guess he was busy with those nasty toxic dumper types.
    Last edited by trax; 01-28-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: cuz I keep forgetting stuff and having to come back
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

(head slap) Oooompf! I've been working on the cars......Planets. Who knew?

It's just as easy to add canned chicken, turkey, ham etc. for variety.
    In a stressful situation people will be wanting some comfort food too.

I rarely buy the packages because they usually have items I would never use.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47