Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: expedition---a dream or a reality

Default expedition---a dream or a reality

Has anyone dreamed or have actually gone on an expedition trip?

Ever since I was a kid I had wanted to go on an Amazon River Expedition. A small boat exploration expedition trip to the remote regions with around 6 other people. Visiting and maybe living with Indian tribes along the Amazon River. Still a dream.

Lightbulb

I've been on primitive living and survival expeditions in Australia, Peru, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Mexico, Yukon Territory, BC, Nova Scotia, and a few others.

Australia was my fav. followed by YT, NS, and BC.

I'm not much for the jungles. I do not like hot weather. I love the snow!!
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativedude View Post
    I've been on primitive living and survival expeditions in Australia, Peru, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Mexico, Yukon Territory, BC, Nova Scotia, and a few others.

Australia was my fav. followed by YT, NS, and BC.

I'm not much for the jungles. I do not like hot weather. I love the snow!!
    I’m jealous.

Blog Entries

Talking Whew!

Just came back recently from an expedition to the Mall in Schamburg, Il. Man that sucker's huge. 2nd largest mall in the world. Got my Buck Multi-tool there.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

My dream is to spend a month or more in the Alaskan/Canadian wilderness. 50+ miles from the nearest road/town.
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Thumbs up Alaska bound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mitch.chesney View Post
    My dream is to spend a month or more in the Alaskan/Canadian wilderness. 50+ miles from the nearest road/town.
    Come on up Mitch. . .I'll show ya around my digs!! I'm 110 miles from the nearest town!
    Last edited by Nativedude; 11-25-2007 at 02:08 AM.
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Just came back recently from an expedition to the Mall in Schamburg, Il. Man that sucker's huge. 2nd largest mall in the world. Got my Buck Multi-tool there.
    Wow Sarge! That must have been rough!!!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

I hate the jungles almost, almost as much as I hate the malls. After spending close to two months in the jungles of Panama, not that fond of them. It's not like they show on tv, you're always wet, if not from sweating then from the rain. At night the skeeters, scorpions, and little freak'n bats drive you crazy.

As a young teenager, my dream was to hike across Canada to Yellowknife. I made up an equipment list, plotted on the map my route, ahhh a greenhorns dream. My dream expedition is basic, a horse, a pack mule, pre 1840's gear into the Rockies for elk.

Blog Entries

Talking Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Wow Sarge! That must have been rough!!!
    I'll say, I forgot & left my credit card at home!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I'll say, I forgot & left my credit card at home!
    Boy, that Sarge, there's a man who knows how to rough it. I've done 4 and 5 day canoe trips up north where we were totally away from anything in civilization. I've always wanted to check out other environments and try something similar.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Boy, that Sarge, there's a man who knows how to rough it. I've done 4 and 5 day canoe trips up north where we were totally away from anything in civilization. I've always wanted to check out other environments and try something similar.
    I dont know trax,I have been to one of those mall places before,and it is definatley a hostile invironment,not so sure I am ready for that again,but if your that brave then go right ahead!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

I'm with Mitch, but my dream is to spend the rest of my life in the Alaskan/Canadian wilderness. 100+ miles from the nearest road/town. Man can't wait.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Protector Of The Land MedicineWolf's Avatar

Beo, your wife's ethnic, you make her go or leave her she'll cut you long-deep-and continuesly I know Michele, she'd gut you bro.

I dont know trax,I have been to one of those mall places before,and it is definatley a hostile invironment,not so sure I am ready for that again,but if your that brave then go right ahead!
    I believe that, I think I'd have to learn the language of the locals before I ventured in to such a place. I only meant I wanted to try similar trips to my canoe trips but in different environs, I'm not as brave as Sarge, trying a mall!!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I believe that, I think I'd have to learn the language of the locals before I ventured in to such a place. I only meant I wanted to try similar trips to my canoe trips but in different environs, I'm not as brave as Sarge, trying a mall!!
    Me either LOL they scare the he** out of me!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I just fear the day when we have to send in a search and rescue team to find Sarge, he's just so da** reckless!!

I just fear the day when we have to send in a search and rescue team to find Sarge, he's just so da** reckless!!
    Yea I think mext time he goes in we should be standing at the door holding on to his attached lifeline,so we can yank him outta there when the going gets to rough!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

Talking Ha!

Yea I think mext time he goes in we should be standing at the door holding on to his attached lifeline,so we can yank him outta there when the going gets to rough!
    You guys kid, but That mall is so big it's split up into two very large sections. One part is across the road from the other. Believe it or not, I did get turned around in there and lost my bearings for awhile. It's the 2nd largest in the country, the 1st largest up North in Owl-Girl's or Mitch's area. The largest one I've ever been in was in Toronto, Canada. And those lady shoppers?!!! My word, give me a good old Black Bear any day.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

You guys kid, but That mall is so big it's split up into two very large sections. One part is across the road from the other. Believe it or not, I did get turned around in there and lost my bearings for awhile. It's the 2nd largest in the country, the 1st largest up North in Owl-Girl's or Mitch's area. The largest one I've ever been in was in Toronto, Canada. And those lady shoppers?!!! My word, give me a good old Black Bear any day.
    Yea and this time of year makes them even meaner (the lady shoppers I mean)!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Default whoa dawg

I wasn't kidding. I feel way more at home by a campfire listening to wolves sing than I do in any urban environment listening to shoppers whine.