Thread: Mid-Atlantic Primitive Skills Group

Default Mid-Atlantic Primitive Skills Group

Mid-Atlantic Primitive Skills Group

I just found the MAPS group website. This group is based in the DC area. They have organize several events each growing season. Their events cover subjects like:

Bark lodge sleep over and Cordage Making, Flint napping, wild edibles and cooking, archery, emergency preparedness and other subjects. I have to take a longer look. It looks interesting and just over an hour away.

Has anyone heard of this group?

This is from their web site.

Who we are:
    MAPS Group has been devoted since 1997 to assisting its members become more proficient at the whole range of primitive living skills and connecting with Nature.

What we do:
    MAPS Group meets regularly in the greater Washington DC area to learn, practice, share, and promote primitive technology skills.

http://www.mapsgroup.org/

I'm thinking about attending the wild edibles event.
    http://www.mapsgroup.org/index.php?v...list&Itemid=54
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have read about it before. I wish I could afford to join all these clubs and societies and take time off to attend all the events, but alas, I'm but a poor tanner / roofer. From what I've read and heard, it's a great society devoted to not only primitive skills, but also some of the more traditional skills like candlemaking, soap, blacksmithing, etc. I'm sure they have lots of cool things to learn and last year they had classes.
    DC is pretty far for me to drive, so I'm still looking for something a little closer to home. If you can afford it, I say sign up and go! At worst, you might see something you've already seen, but everything else will be engaging I'm sure!!
    If you do attend, take lots of pics!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures