Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/21/2012. . .Fact or Fiction. . . .

Question 12/21/2012. . .Fact or Fiction. . . .

A really good friend of mine (more like a brother), whom is ret. military (Spec Ops) flew up and spent the last 3 weeks with me. He left this morning. . . .Anyway, we had some very interesting and in-depth conversations about 12/21/2012. Now I hadn't heard anything about this until he brought it to my attention.

He's coming back this spring and we are going to build a bunker in an undisclosed location. It will be stocked with enough supplies for us to sustain for 2 years.

He stated to me with authority, and some facts (on paper), that there will be an alignment of the Earth and Sun which will cause solar flares that will damage and shut down the electrical grid all-around the world.

With such an occurrence, mankind is facing an EOTWAWKI scenario. There are gov't entities that are building and stockpiling HUGE amounts of food, water, clothing, hygiene products, etc. And they (the gov't) are building HUGE underground bunkers that can house up to 2,000 people. The "elite" as it was written in the paperwork he showed me will be housed in these bumnkers, so at the proper time, mankind will be able to "re-establish the population at a more controlled number". He also had photos of these bunkers being built. They are massive--virtual cities underground.

So, here is what I am wondering:

Do any of you believe that 12/21/2012 will happen? Or, do you think it's like the Y2K scare?

Now, before you answer, let me tell you this. My buddy contacted a friend of his at NASA. He confirmed (I was listening to the conversation) that they (NASA) have documented proof that these solar flares will occur on 12/21/2012.

So, with that said; do you believe?

If 'YES' why?

If 'NO' why?
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

I don't want to say yes or no for I do not know much about 2012. I do not reject things just because they sound ridiculous or impossible but I do not believe everything and anything either. Less than two years and I guess we shall find out.

Also I try to be prepared for Anything and that includes even unlikely scenarios.

I want to know more about these bunkers. I have heard about the government's vast underground fancy bunkers in Virginia and some other areas. Need more info if available.

And Nativedude, hope you take some pics while building your bunker. It just might help inspire others.

The pics I have put up on 3 different sites have inspired some. Actually many who have posted and emailed me and said they also are going to build underground. Although many want to just get shipping containers etc. Which might work and would be much faster than the way I built. Which has taken me building off and on for over ten years and I still would like to go many more feet into my mountainside.

Pics of my bunker and retreat on my homepage and here }
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=9812

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

there are a couple threads about the 2012 doomsday. What I would like to say, is that this whole theory is based on the idea that the mayan calendar ends on that day. I don't believe anything bad will happen for the simple fact that our calendar ends every year on Dec 31 and noone freaks out. The mayan cyclic year was based on the 46,000 earth year trip around the galaxy. on that day we will supposedly be back at the beginning of the trip around the milky way.
    Without seeing the proof from nasa myself, I must say I'm in disbelief that anything bad will happen. That is NOT to say I'm not making preparations, I just don't think the preparations I'm making will be necessary
    There are solar flares all the time, year round. The ionosphere has been weakened somewhat over the years and if you talk to any HAM radio operators they will tell you that some days are better than most because of the "static" or ions floating around. some days you can bounce a signal all the way around the world.. some days you can't call out of your neighborhood.
    Nasa and another site that I can't think of atm both monitor ionic activity in the atmosphere and days that solar flares will be occuring. I'll try to find more info on that to post.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

It's another Y2K as far as I'm concerned. First, the middle of the galaxy thingy is an annual event.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

It's not the end of the Mayan calendar but the end of that phase. Sort of like the end of our 2009 calendar. 2010 and a lot more years follow. Same with the Mayan calendar.

Here are some threads on it.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...highlight=2012

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

It is a Y2K type situation. The event (s) are a normal part of nature and occur to various degress all the time. The number of people that hang their hats on the end of the Mayan calendar are counter balanced by an equal number of people that think the opposite. You also may want to think of this: NASA also has "documented evidence" that solar flares are occuring on an almost daily basis. As far as should we build bunkers etc, do extrodinary preparations, I guess that is dependent on your comfort level.
    I personally am going to have a huge Christmas party on the 25th of that year.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Oh, I completely missed the solar flare thingy. Did the NASA guy also confirm that solar flares occur on a 11 year cycle? 2010 begins the new phase of this solar cycle and it is expected to peak in 2013. It does so every 11 years + or -.

Here's NASA's prediction on solar activity. Just scroll down.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...prediction.htm
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I think a lot of stuff will line up, solar flares may be an issue, and yes...a few profits say it will happen, but...I don't think anything is going to kill the planet.

However, it is supposed to be a time of increased solar activity, and people say that our elec. grid is getting in bad shape, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of problems, there.

Also you have a lot of people expecting it, so the least little thing could send people over the edge, with panic, and turn it into a self fulfilling prophecy. I mean think about it.....all that stuff in the galaxy lined up. People get crazy when it's a full moon!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Plan for the worst, pray for the best.

The Mayans don't seem all that concerned...

It's just another day like Y2K.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    I think a lot of stuff will line up, solar flares may be an issue, and yes...a few profits say it will happen, but...I don't think anything is going to kill the planet.

However, it is supposed to be a time of increased solar activity, and people say that our elec. grid is getting in bad shape, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of problems, there.

Also you have a lot of people expecting it, so the least little thing could send people over the edge, with panic, and turn it into a self fulfilling prophecy. I mean think about it.....all that stuff in the galaxy lined up. People get crazy when it's a full moon!
    If I have a fear about 2012, that would be it. Zombies thinking their preparation method would be to take yours. Thats another reason that working with or finding my community is important to me.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Blog Entries

Personally I think it's a load of old bunkum. I look at it this way, I'm prepared for a short-term hiccup, and have sufficient skills to improve my lot long-term. TEOTWAKI is just that, so the liklihood of anyone surviving is remote to zero and I'm not sure I'd want to anyway.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You will be closer to your death in two years........Enjoy today, tomorrows are always maybes.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 01-21-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I get the feeling that S. WV & E. KY aren't in their "elite" group, therefore I chose to ignore it and deal with sunspots as I did last time. They did cause CB radios to go wild, don't think I have one now. If I am around I'll sit on the porch and watch the fireworks.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    If I am around I'll sit on the porch and watch the fireworks.

With your new "Stag" Friend........?

What year is the last year of the pres'es rein?
    Party on 12/20/12 JIC.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The sunspots are expected to be milder in this cycle. I've dropped back to a 40 sunscreen. I'm keeping a 65 around just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    What year is the last year of the pres'es rein?
    Party on 12/20/12 JIC.
    LOL...I've said before, that the November 2012 elections are going to start something, and it will be coming to a boil around 12-21-12.

Everybody laughed at me.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I'm sure the governments of the world are keeping better track and preparing for things like this better than any of us. Is this scenario possible? Yes! Do I think it will happpen on that exact date? No! Am i going to do anything different than I have been? Well ya, since visting this site among others I am working toward preparing myself for the inevitable, but it has nothing to do with 2012.

I think that man will cause the next great die off. Do I have proof? No! It's just what I believe.

if i do remeber correctly the alignment of the universe happened in the 70's also and we are still here, now can solar storms interupt things sure they can but i prep for any scenario, could happen tommorrow could happen next year could happen 12 21 12 could happen when i'm 90(course i'll be screwed then)
    it is what it is
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    I think that man will cause the next great die off. Do I have proof? No! It's just what I believe.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I'll be preparing to bend over and kiss my a$$ good bye, thats about it.
    Example is not the main thing in influencing others it is the ONLY thing.