Thread: The movie " Book of Eli"

Default The movie " Book of Eli"

I went and saw the movie last night and it was a great movie. Denzel Washington did a great job on survival. How many of ya'll have went and seen it?
    If the arrow flies the meat will fry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    I went and saw the movie last night and it was a great movie. Denzel Washington did a great job on survival. How many of ya'll have went and seen it?
    Haven't seen it yet.
    Does the movie live up to the trailers? Or were those shown the only good parts.
    Don't go to theaters much.

Will wait for the DVD or PPV.

Sadly, living in a metropolitan area most of the time, going to a theater can be a "survival situation".
    Especially for the younger, badly parented generation that think it's their job to provide loud, obnoxious, mostly vulgar, narration and general disruptions.
    Makes you what to get up, get over there, pull their pants up, strangle or at least slap the snot out of the ###holes.
    Makes you just want to......, never mind........

I digress.

So, anyway, glad you liked the movie.
    I can see a run on pistol griped short barreled shotguns cropping up again, just like after the start of "The Sarah Conner Chronicles".
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-16-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: splin"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have not seen it or the ads for it. I did go see The Road recently. I think I might need something a bit more cheery for my next one.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

I skipped The Road when I read the synopsis and then heard there was a scene of people roasting a baby over a campfire I made it a point to miss it.
    The Book of Eli looks interesting, if only because it's an African American take on the Post TSHTF film.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierarcher View Post
    I skipped The Road when I read the synopsis and then heard there was a scene of people roasting a baby over a campfire I made it a point to miss it.
    The Book of Eli looks interesting, if only because it's an African American take on the Post TSHTF film.
    I watched the movie, but do not recall that scene. Though it is a dark movie, I wouldn't doubt that it is a part in the book.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

I saw "The Road" and it was a sad movie, it also make you want to be more prepared that they were. I think "The Book of Eli" was alot better it has alot of action and alot of zombie like people and that would be like how the world will be WTSHTF. I want to buy the book and see how it compares to the movie. The end of the movie was good.
    If the arrow flies the meat will fry!!