Thread: My Re-Intro....

Default My Re-Intro....

I haven't been on here much for the past couple of months, I was super busy with hunting and getting firewood in all fall, and now for the past month I've been guiding nearly everyday (guided 26 out of the past 30 days) so, there appears to be alot of new things going on and being discussed- and a lot of new contributors. So, since I plan on re-entering the discussions, i figure I'll follow the trend of others and post my official re-intro also....

Your Approximate Age 39

Your Gender Male

Your Geographic Location (small town in West Virginia, family ranch in Texas, or the “the Lower East Side”) Yellowstone Park Region of Montana

Your Occupation (present and relevant past, such as military, technical, etc.)
    Full- Time Professional Wilderness Outfitter and Guide for over 15 years, doing sled-dog tours, winter camping, snow shoeing, whitewater rafting, canoeing, and formerly a professional big game hunting guide for Elk, Deer, Big Horn Sheep and Mountain Goats

Your Prior Relevant Training (all types, such as first aid, military, firearms, survival, etc.) I have been trained as an Outward Bound Instructor, an EMT, a Wilderness First Responder, a Swiftwater Rescue Technician, an ACA whitewater kayak instructor trainer, and an ACA Canoe Instuctor trainer, also am trained as a horse packer, and as an archery instructor and primitive skills instuctor

The Nature of Your Prior Experience (Terrain, Season, Number of times/years, and longest duration in Wilderness) All seasons, year around for the past two decades in the Northern Rocky Mountains. In the past I've lived in a tipi for a year, a yurt for a year, a staw bale cabin that I built, and I lived out of a tent and a pick-up for several years. The longest I have stayed in the backcountry for one time is about 6 weeks without going to a town or occupied area

Your Level of Experience (novice, intermediate, advanced, expert, instructor, etc.) I live it daily, practice it daily, teach others how to stay safe in wild places

Your Preparedness Planning (type and level) Always mentally prepared for anything
    Your Interests and Hobbies (gardening, wilderness skills, urban survival preparation, knife-making, firearms, food storage, backpacking, etc. )
    spending time with my son and wife

Your Membership and Learning Objectives
    Friendship, mental stimulation, sharing my knowledge and experience, learning from the elders here, gaining new and fresh perspectives from passionate people who are learning the info contained here

Here is a really nice article that came out in a regional magazine this month about what I do, and who i am
    http://www.outsidebozeman.com/magazi...articleID=1409
    Also here is a cool little newscast from our local NBC affiliate about what I do, that came out around Thanksgiving
    http://www.kulr8.com/features/74173337.html

Hello Again Jason!! I feel honored to be the first to "Welcome" you. Welcome back!! Yes there have been a few changes to the Forum of late. Have you noticed all the new subforums? I didn't notice until someone mentioned it, as I almost always hit "New posts", instead of "forum".

Welcome home....again. Glad to see business is so good.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default Wow!!!!

What a resume!
    I'm humbled in your presence.
    Welcome.

Hello and welcome again. Nice to see that you've been busy doing what you like.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

yeah, business has been great this season, from where I am sitting, the recession seems to be over. If people are spending money on travel and recreation that is a positive sign. I am staying booked up. I am about to load the dogs in the truck for three more consecutive days of trips.

Everyone is happy but the dogs.

Jason: "Okay, mount up. We're moving out."
    Dog 1: "Again? How come it's always us?"
    Dog 2: "Yeah, When do WE get to ride"?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dogman, they did a nice article, that was a good read. Thanks

Blog Entries

Hello again!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Welcome again!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

those are some impressive skills you have. Welcome back.

Greetings Jason, Noticed you have been quiet for a while, Glad you are busy. I look forward to checking out those links.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Everyone is happy but the dogs.

Jason: "Okay, mount up. We're moving out."
    Dog 1: "Again? How come it's always us?"
    Dog 2: "Yeah, When do WE get to ride"?
    Yeah, they were starting to feel a little worn down, but now they've hit their mid-season stride and are just in amazing shape, and have great enthusiasm. Today's run was electric! After a couple of days off they were just super charged!

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Dogman, they did a nice article, that was a good read. Thanks
    Thanks for reading it. I really liked the article because he did a great job of capturing the experience of running sled dogs, and the feeling of being in wild places. Its my favorite article to date on my dogs.

Thanks Jason, I enjoyed both articles very much. Been a passenger once, definitely one of my top ten memories. The first article captured it very well.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Blog Entries

Very nice intro Jason. You've got allot of what this forum needs. Thank you for posting.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Hey! I know this guy, I swear to you guys, I know him! Forums a better place with him, trust me on this one, welcome back Mr. Montana.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

errr...welcome back Jason.

Just to update and thank you. About a year ago, you offered some advice to me about how to convince my dog to eat raw meat. For some strange reason, she had an aversion to raw. But, after following your advice, she has no problem. She loved the rabbit when I gave it to her, even when it was still warm.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee